Nissan 240SX Forums banner

Front clips legal?

Tags
clip front s14 s15
3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  roblivngstone 
#1 ·
I want to purchase a Front clip for RHD, SR20 and S15 coversion all at once. But i was wondering if the S15 clip is a pretty well direct fit on the S14 chassis.

And I was wondering about the legal concerns of registering the car, has anyone actually succesfully registered a car with a new RHD from LHD clip? I know the laws are different everywheres and I am in New Brunswick canada, so it is nothing like what most of you guys have gone through, but your ways may help me find a way to do it here.

#3 ·
No, the S15 is not direct fit. If you are talking about cutting the 14 in half and welding the 15 clip on, don't do it. If you are thinking about putting a S15 motor into a 14 shell, then you need to do some research. Actually, it just seems like you need to some research, period.

#4 · (Edited)
No, the S15 is not direct fit. If you are talking about cutting the 14 in half and welding the 15 clip on, don't do it. If you are thinking about putting a S15 motor into a 14 shell, then you need to do some research. Actually, it just seems like you need to some research, period.
was talking about welding. and the s15 motor does fit in an s14? i looked up front clip on this forum and couldnt find my answers....

i know the front end conversion to s15 can be done just buy replacing the hood fenders bumper and lights, but would that be a kit for the s14 to convert or just any old s15 part?

i have to edit this post, I meant to say "was not talking about welding"

#8 ·
As for legality, you're going to have to check with your local laws. You're still keeping the original VIN, even if you swap the dash. The S15 front-end is not straight bolt-on, you have to alter/replace the radiator support. The S15 motor will fit, per-se, but you'll run into issues with the transmission and the speed sensor.

#9 ·
As for legality, you're going to have to check with your local laws. You're still keeping the original VIN, even if you swap the dash. The S15 front-end is not straight bolt-on, you have to alter/replace the radiator support. The S15 motor will fit, per-se, but you'll run into issues with the transmission and the speed sensor.
alrighty, so speed sensor, tranni and rad support are the concern with the front end parts, but what about fenders and bumper and lights? are those straight trades. I will be able to fab up a support and stuff. but i wont buy a front clip if it is going to take toooo much fab work that would be un-needed. I am looking for the s15 or the kouki front end. i hate the round headlights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.