Nissan 240SX Forums banner

Where can i get some cheap coilovers?

15K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Crazy3rdgen 
#1 ·
I have a 92 s13 liftback and im curious if anyone here knows where i can get some cheap coilovers. I want to spend about $500 on them, the cheapest ones ive found are $1000

Thanks!

#2 ·
Look in the used section on this forum and on zilvia for a used set of good coilovers like Stance, Tien, Fortune, PBM...

Avoid ebay brands such as Godspeed.

#4 ·
First question - What, exactly, do you wish to accomplish with a set of coilovers? Do you want the car to handle better? Or do you just want it to sit low and the handling is unimportant? The answer will determine what your best option is. Not trying to flame you or be judgmental, just want you to be clear about your goals and have a plan. As Yogi Berra once said, "If you don't know where you're going, you'll end up somewhere else."

#10 ·
Entry level Coilovers dont come with Cam adjustments though right?

Lowering springs change camber, so to do it right. You'd need to buy the springs and a kit to change the camber so you don't destroy your tires.

Good Coilovers while more expensive, would save you from having to do this since the adjustment is on the top of the strut tower.

Thats pretty much the options.

#12 ·
Coilovers ? yay or ney? 92' S13

Would springs work better or just as well as appose to the complete coilovers if the car needed better handling and raised by about 35-40mm?

I found a pair of TEIN coilovers from #import parts for R12 000
Where could one find these items in South Africa?

This is a prospect drag car currently getting the SR20 upgrade.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.