Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
papasarang is on a distinguished road
Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
(Thread Starter)
starter problem

so my car has a starter problem to where i have to park down hillan pop the clutch almost alll the time. does any one know what the main source of the problem may be and the cost to fix
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-28-2011, 12:16 AM
DJ-

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
DJ- is on a distinguished road
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
Quote:
Originally Posted by papasarang Last Post
so my car has a starter problem to where i have to park down hillan pop the clutch almost alll the time. does any one know what the main source of the problem may be and the cost to fix
your best bet will be to just buy a new one, depending on motor your looking at 100$ bnib from autozon.
#3 Old 10-28-2011, 02:27 PM

simons3z is on a distinguished road
Points: 39, Level: 1 Points: 39, Level: 1 Points: 39, Level: 1
Activity: 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
  • Bad Igntion Switch: If your battery checks out, but the starter is still silent, it may be a faulty ignition switch. Turn the key to the on position (not all the way to start). If the red warning lights on your dash don't light up (and your battery connections are clean), the ignition switch is bad. If they do light up, turn the key to the start position. The dash warning lights should turn off at this key position (most cars). If you're not sure, turn on the headlights. When you try to start the car, the lights should either dim (a lot) or turn off completely. If they do, your ignition switch should be ok. If not, the switch will need replacement.
  • Bad Starter Connection: Corrosion can not only keep your battery from connecting, it can affect any electrical component, especially the ones exposed to the elements like the starter. If you have a helper, you can test the connection by holding a circuit tester lead on the wire that engages the starter. This is the smaller of the two wires connected to the starter. Be sure no part of your body is near the moving parts of the engine - it could still start at any time! Have a friend turn the key and check the current. If you're getting current to the starter but it ain't spinning, it needs replacement.
via google search.
#4 Old 10-28-2011, 04:26 PM

modified240 is on a distinguished road
Points: 805, Level: 15 Points: 805, Level: 15 Points: 805, Level: 15
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
so if you dont have a helper buddy just take the starter off it takes about 5 min and just take it your local parts store most can test it for you same with the battery. i had the same issue, my starter was bad i replaced it but it still refused to start sometimes my other problem was a relay with 2 connections that sits right next to the battery its bolted to the frame after i replaced that its been starting fine everytime. also make sure all you grounds are good. hope this helps
#5 Old 10-31-2011, 03:40 PM

papasarang is on a distinguished road
Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
(Thread Starter)
yea i nhad taken out the startter and it had worked fine it even started once after put back but maybe it is the relay because its grounded and everthin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement