Nissan 240SX Forums banner

Would this be worth it?

Zenki: 
Tags
240sx s14
2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  ASIAN SEN5ATION 
#1 ·
Hello, I'm pretty new to the 240sx/S14 forums but I've always wanted to mess around with cars and such. Well I stumbled across a 1995 Nissan 240sx and would like input from experts to whether it would be a good project or would it be a waste of time.

Here are the Specs:

1995 Nissan 240sx
201,XXX mi
Manual Trans
Power moon roof, no leaks
Solid aluminum rear sub-frame bushings
New rear tires
Rear strut bar
Drivable

Bad things:
Rocker panel need to be replaced
Driver-side quarter panel is dented
Half of the exhaust fell off
Driver side window switch is shotty
High mileage

Asking $2600 OBO

What do y'all think?

Thanks for all of the input.

View image: 00 G0 G l RYGua Vhdbe 600x450
View image: 00z0z OFVEVXgib O 600x450
View image: 00l0l 5z6 Bf3 WFUZ5 600x450
View image: 00 C0 C 9fx3 Oli CJdi 600x450
View image: 00l0l 5z6 Bf3 WFUZ5 600x450

See less See more
#2 ·
I'd stay away from it. That rocker panel is a deal breaker in my opinion. Another problem is that dent, I couldn't tell how bad it is from the pic but it looks pretty big. The only fix for a dent back there is bondo and repaint. Definitely not worth 2600. Where are you searching?

#3 ·
That rocker is not hard to fix. I brought mine back from the dead with bad frame rails and a broken strut tower.... it depends on your fab skills. If you don't have any fab skills, it depends on how deep your pockets are.

More detailed pictures would definitely give a better idea.

#5 ·
Definitely not worth 2600. Where are you searching?
Currently looking in Michigan, Ann Arbor area.

it depends on your fab skills. If you don't have any fab skills, it depends on how deep your pockets are.

More detailed pictures would definitely give a better idea.
Don't really have any/much fab skills but my dad is a pro, so with his proper guidance I should be ok. My pocket are pretty deep working a full time job currently but I'm not looking to take it into a repair shop to get the rocker panel & trunk fix, it will all be done at home. I emailed the seller for more pictures, so I should be getting those sometime soon. I will post them as soon as I get them.

mechanical skills are life skills the more educated you are the better off you will be.
The mechanical stuff such as Engine/Tranny are some things that both my dad and I are not that educated with, but I've always loved cars and have been curious on how to re-build an engine to such a classic car.

So Looking at the pictures what is the most I should offer for it?

Thanks again

Danny

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.