Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Louisthebeast is on a distinguished road
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Activity: 18%
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%
(Thread Starter)
Just a kid looking for a passion.

Well my name is Louis Crespo and I recently bought a wrecked s13 I got it back on it's feet. The 240 is super stock and automatic, sadly. I'm collecting parts for a 5 speed swap and I'm contemplating reshelling the car.
My plans for the car are a daily that can also be used for fun during the week end. as of right now I want to keep the car Na and focus more skill, this is mostly due to my age(17) and lack of income and lack of a garage. Any help what so ever is much obliged.
Thank y'all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-19-2017, 02:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Nubs is on a distinguished road
Points: 99, Level: 1 Points: 99, Level: 1 Points: 99, Level: 1
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
Tbh, I wouldn't​ go NA unless you already have an engine in the car. Turbo is where it's at. Just save the cash while you can and try and get enough for a turbo kit and a rebuild while you're at it.
What do you mean by "reshelling"? Reselling it or taking it back down to a shell and building back up from the ground?

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk
post #3 of 7 Old 04-19-2017, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Be nice, I'm new here!

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Louisthebeast is on a distinguished road
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Activity: 18%
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%
(Thread Starter)
Makes sense. What I mean by reshelling is buying a rolling shell and transferring everything from the old car to the new one

post #4 of 7 Old 04-19-2017, 04:18 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
w0nderbr3ad The posts made by this user are trust worthyw0nderbr3ad The posts made by this user are trust worthyw0nderbr3ad The posts made by this user are trust worthyw0nderbr3ad The posts made by this user are trust worthyw0nderbr3ad The posts made by this user are trust worthyw0nderbr3ad The posts made by this user are trust worthyw0nderbr3ad The posts made by this user are trust worthyw0nderbr3ad The posts made by this user are trust worthyw0nderbr3ad The posts made by this user are trust worthyw0nderbr3ad The posts made by this user are trust worthyw0nderbr3ad The posts made by this user are trust worthy
Points: 425,552,036, Level: 100 Points: 425,552,036, Level: 100 Points: 425,552,036, Level: 100
When you say wrecked, does it look like a beat up missile car, or just minor damages here and there? There's nothing wrong sticking to N/A. I drifted N/A with a welded diff and it's fine, just a different approach than with a turbo. Spend money where you need it, which will probably be a new shell, bushings, replacement parts as you see fit. Good luck and have fun.
arhenry11 likes this.

P.H.D member #64
1990 s13 fb
post #5 of 7 Old 04-20-2017, 03:37 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
arhenry11 is on a distinguished road
Points: 111, Level: 2 Points: 111, Level: 2 Points: 111, Level: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by w0nderbr3ad View Post
When you say wrecked, does it look like a beat up missile car, or just minor damages here and there? There's nothing wrong sticking to N/A. I drifted N/A with a welded diff and it's fine, just a different approach than with a turbo. Spend money where you need it, which will probably be a new shell, bushings, replacement parts as you see fit. Good luck and have fun.
I had to agree with this. If your budget is limited, you need to consider which item you should prioritize and spend your money at. Just be resourceful for now and focus on improving your skill. I know you'll enjoy what you are doing.
post #6 of 7 Old 04-20-2017, 04:20 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Nubs is on a distinguished road
Points: 99, Level: 1 Points: 99, Level: 1 Points: 99, Level: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by w0nderbr3ad View Post
Wasn't trying to bash on N/A or a anything. I just feel like they're missing that something special, choo choo noises. I'm going for a mild power adder with my turbo build, nothing crazy but still respectable. Back on topic. N/A is fine it's all just personal preference but turbo is where big numbers come into play.
As for OP, post some pics. I have to agree with everyone else and say that it might be a better idea to transfer the good into the new shell. Makes an excuse for you to build a tube front end in the future too.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk
post #7 of 7 Old 04-26-2017, 03:16 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
FormulaDz92 is on a distinguished road
Points: 4,349, Level: 41 Points: 4,349, Level: 41 Points: 4,349, Level: 41
Activity: 77%
Activity: 77% Activity: 77% Activity: 77%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisthebeast View Post
Well my name is Louis Crespo and I recently bought a wrecked s13 I got it back on it's feet. The 240 is super stock and automatic, sadly. I'm collecting parts for a 5 speed swap and I'm contemplating reshelling the car.
My plans for the car are a daily that can also be used for fun during the week end. as of right now I want to keep the car Na and focus more skill, this is mostly due to my age(17) and lack of income and lack of a garage. Any help what so ever is much obliged.
Thank y'all
Sounds like a good plan man. I've been driving mine NA for a while and its plenty of fun that way. Also, if you're on a tight budget it's much better to have a little lying around for regular maintenance, unexpected problems and suspension.

Keeping my car NA and on a tight budget I've been able to explore Drag Racing, Autocross and Rallycross. Since I opted not to do an engine swap I will have money to invest into a LSD and some adjustable coilovers which should get me out to my first Time Attack event at TNIA and to a drift event. Just keep following the sayings "keep it simple stupid" and "don't bite off more than you can chew," otherwise you risk being broke with a fast car that handles like crap with your only experience being driving on the streets.

Good luck man!

'89 Nissan 240sx Hatch: KA24DE Swap, 2.25" Exhaust, Short Shifter, Eibach Sportline Springs, SPEC Stage 2+ Clutch and Pressure Plate, LED Cluster Lights, PRIME Wheels, EBC Pads w/Dimpled + Slotted Rotors, '98 Trans.

'94 Jeep Cherokee: 2-3.25" Raked Lift, 31" Tires, HID Headlights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement