Nissan 240SX Forums banner

greetings from California

916 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  w0nderbr3ad 
#1 ·
I'm a young BMW guy but I've recently got an itching for a hatch 240... reading up on maintenance and trying to learn these cars in and out before I take the plunge.

Currently dailying a BMW Z3, with two more Z3's in the garage, and an E46 when I feel like something with more speed.

Anyways... thanks for reading!

#2 ·
Hey man, welcome to the forum.

A lot of the BMW/Audi/Lexus guys near my area are all some kind of European dudes whose parents usually buy their cars for them. Very few actual BMW enthusiasts in my area. You remind me of this guy who has like 3 80's 3 series coupes I wanna say. I do wanna see pics of your cars though. My advice to you depends on your skillset and what your goals are for the car.

If you are looking for some kind of rocket bunny/ widebody build slammed on wheels or getting into drifting/racing then its worth it to just buy a drift missile or an already modified one.

If you plan on keeping it stock or OEM+ then its worth it to buy a clean stock auto version of the car and manual swap it. If you search around for the swap its really easy. Auto cars are generally cleaner.

What are you able to do (example - can paint a car, can weld, etc etc)
Whats ur budget
What are your goals for the build

#3 ·
Welcome. The engine is pretty self explanatory. Nearly everything is an easy access except for the knock sensor and passenger side engine mount bolts. If you watch other people's builds, you can easily see where everything goes. Factory service manual is free online.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.