- get new windshield
- Install o2 sensor (Done)
- Get tires for the other 3 se-r wheels
- All maint items (plugs, wires, etc.)
- Change trans oil (AMSoil 75w-90)

THEN mods
- Install front strut tower bar
- Ebay intake piping with Apexi Power Intake Filter
- Apexi Noir Exhaust (need to be low key and quieter)
- Megan Racing springs (car already has eibachs and KYB AGX shocks but i STILL have 3 finger gap in front and rear. I want 1 finger.)
- SE Fogs wired to parking lights

I think thats a realistic list for now.

woot!

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks.

Now i heard that RSRs arent good with KYB AGX's. Can anyone recommend a good spring that goes pretty low, and is a good match for AGX's? This wheel gap is killing me.

Also i went to replace my o2 sensor, and normally o2s screw in and out... but the one on the header had this nut attached to it, and screwed into the header. a normal o2 wouldnt fit in the hole. my friend recommended i go to an exhaust shop and have them weld/get a new nut and retro the new one on, which i may do. Any ideas?

#10 ·
Thanks.

Now i heard that RSRs arent good with KYB AGX's. Can anyone recommend a good spring that goes pretty low, and is a good match for AGX's? This wheel gap is killing me.

Also i went to replace my o2 sensor, and normally o2s screw in and out... but the one on the header had this nut attached to it, and screwed into the header. a normal o2 wouldnt fit in the hole. my friend recommended i go to an exhaust shop and have them weld/get a new nut and retro the new one on, which i may do. Any ideas?
I have tein Lowering springs, They're pretty legit. I cant fit 3 fingers in the wheel gap in the front nor rear.

#7 ·
#11 ·
i recommend this intake, this filter (apex'i replica), and this header

though i'm kind of thinking your looking @ those headers for emissions purpose? Keeping the dp cats?
Yea, plus the car already has a DP on there, so all i need is the header portion. and i believe the car has a test pipe as well. Smells oh so great in traffic :yummy but yet i only have a code for the front o2. i dont feel like spending too much, so im anyone knows of a 96+ OEM header for sale lemme know.

Im basically trying to get it in emissions passing friendly mode, then once inspection is over (November 09) i could care less. NJ does the plug in test for 96+, so no sniffer for me.

#12 ·
Heres the part thats practically WELDED to my old o2

o2 sensor nut 240sx - Google Product Search

maybe i should just get a new one? If thats the case then i wont have to shell for a header and save some money for now.

#13 · (Edited)
screw all that header and air filter bullshit
what you want is
->full bushing set
->solid subframe bushings ( if you dropped your subframe already swap the diff bushings too!!)
->stiffer engine and transmission mounts

these should be your first mods, i really dont understand why everyone wants to have more power in the first place :p i always had fun being able to drive through a corner in my city without losing speed haha

#15 ·
hahah i jusgt want a intake and a MUCH quieter/low key exhaust. thats all i want engine wise for now. i was thinking of getting those tein springs, keeping the current KYB's, putting tires on the se-r wheels, painting them black, put some 20-25mm spacers and some tint.

i definately need some subframe bushings though, as i get a beautiful clunk when i shift into gear, and hit certain bumps.

are subframe bushings hard to replace? and i was thinking of the SPL solids. Is vibration increased by much? i dont realy mind though. i've wanted a car with this kind of character for a long time (vibrations, shaking wheel @ 80, bumpy, feel EVERYTHING through the wheel) ahh..

#17 ·
Subframe bushings require a Sawzaw, And fire. If you want a car with character. Get solid aluminum subframe bushings and solid aluminum diff bushings. Vibration will be increased but it wont be like ear wrenching teeth chattering vibration.

By Sawzaw....im sure my boy Phil here meant Sawzall better known as a reciprocating saw. Lol. I have a write up in the Install Forum on how to do it.

#19 ·
hahaha +1

i replaced the old o2 + nut with a new o2 + nut from the local nissan dealership> installed it tonight at work (couldnt wait) plugged in my obd2 scanner and read and erased the codes.

Now its a waiting game to see if everything "readys". So far no CEL, and everything seems smoother and i even get some more POPs out of the exhaust.

#20 ·
Replaced the spark plugs today. Car had some cheap Autolite Plats in there. They were hella dirty and looked old as fuck. I put some "ol faithful" NGK Vpower plugs, and everything seems even more responsive and peppy. My idle is even a bit smoother.

I have a small exhaust leak in the catback, but ive decided to put that on hold until i replace the catback completely and add a cat.

#24 ·
To pass inspection. They run a mirror right under the car to check for it.

the smell of unburned gas is intoxicating at stop lights.... :)

hahaha "cat-back"

#22 ·

#28 ·
well im going to have tires on the SE-R wheels hopefully by next check. i might slip some maint stuff if i can (gotta buy books). i dont want to pull a SC on this car.

car running right > mods.

the sc i had.... mods > running right

#29 · (Edited)
Dude, If anything.. And you want a drop that bad, Fuck it just cut the springs. IF YOU Positively know you're getting coil overs soon.. Then hell go ricer and cut the springs for the time being, Your shocks will die and the ride will be hell.. But it's just a temp thing. The drop looks real good, But with s14's. The back's gonna look lower than the front because the wheel well is lower. So you're going to almost want to be tucking a few mm's of tire in the rear, and have 0 fender gap in the front. and it'll look sex.

I IN NO WAY CONDONE RICER MODS. I'm just stating a fact.

And how's it feel to have 2 pages on your First Nissan build thread ^_^

Edit: Here's my render.. nothing great. No wheel change, But the stance is SEX.

#30 ·
Dude, If anything.. And you want a drop that bad, Fuck it just cut the springs. IF YOU Positively know you're getting coil overs soon.. Then hell go ricer and cut the springs for the time being, Your shocks will die and the ride will be hell.. But it's just a temp thing. The drop looks real good, But with s14's. The back's gonna look lower than the front because the wheel well is lower. So you're going to almost want to be tucking a few mm's of tire in the rear, and have 0 fender gap in the front. and it'll look sex.

I IN NO WAY CONDONE RICER MODS. I'm just stating a fact.

And how's it feel to have 2 pages on your First Nissan build thread ^_^

Edit: Here's my render.. nothing great. No wheel change, But the stance is SEX.
hahah nah, no ricer mods. i refuse to cut springs! Dont need a drop that bad...:rotflmao

in the pic, the car is SLAMMED!!!!111 thats like....crazy. that wont fly around here at all... my friends 240 is slammed like that on Stances, and its low to the point where he took off his exhaust cause it was scraping everywhere. i want mine to be somewhat survivable...:eek4:

and it feels good to have 2 pages. ahhhhh! :thumbsup

#31 ·
cut springs = fail on multiple levels...

but i know how it is modding car as a struggling college student and working at the same time...i did it too. a drop and rims were my dream back then, so i feel ya. especially since the government is cutting back on bright futures now and not providing that book stipend. OUCH.

#34 ·
but i know how it is modding car as a struggling college student and working at the same time...i did it too. a drop and rims were my dream back then, so i feel ya. especially since the government is cutting back on bright futures now and not providing that book stipend. OUCH.
Tell me about it. :tears

Damn son looks good! I lose interwebz for 3 weeks and look what happens. :thumbsup
Im DOIN Work SON!!!:thumbsup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.