Nissan 240SX Forums banner

BoostinIX's Build : Razgriz to Meia

Kouki: 
189K views 3K replies 80 participants last post by  RikRong 
#1 ·
OK, well after a while of debating, I'm keeping the car, so might as well get one of these going.

For those that don't know, the name came from here: YouTube - The intro Ace Combat 5 The Unsung War

So, let's get through some back story/pictures.

Sold my STi, needed a new toy. Found a Kouki in NY with 96k for 6k. Auto, stock. Too good to be true? A little. The seller neglected to mention any of the body imperfections, which every and I mean EVERY panel has. But, being it was a 5 hour drive up there, and I could live with it, took it home. Got it home, gave the engine a bath, and called it a day.

Felt ambitious, so I gave her a complete once-over with some compound and a waxing. Still looked beat, but a shiny beat.

Now, we can't have stock suspension, nonono. Especially not when the seller also sold me some Nismo R-Tune coilovers on the cheap ;) Nice little stance now.

More online goodies. Jeff is the shit at 240sxmotoring, seems to always have a good deal on something I want :p Case in point:

Yes, I know they're mismatched, which damn near gave me OCD, but when you book 3 weeks out for an alignment and parts are backordered, you make due.

Off to my favorite Subaru shop for a little alignment TLC. Makes me smile knowing they're smart enough to put weight in the drivers seat to compensate for you.

So after all that, you get hungry right?

Got sick of leaks, so took care of that.

Nom nom nom....matte black. Anywho.

Again, boredom sets in, so got rid of the crappy radio the seller threw in, and got a less-crappy one (read: Local, iPod, cheap)

To go with that less-crappy radio, had to get some CF wrap I loved so much before. Comes out much better than people think, provided you take your time and do it right.

Random insert: Joys of DC/VA commuting. 100k miles. w00t!!!

Stock rotors dying, scored new ones on Zilvia for $50/shipped. Can't beat that.

Finally (Read: $1,600 later) assembled all the parts I wanted for my 5spd swap. Dropped it off at MA-M, can't really complain. Was only my first time with them, so we'll see how next time goes. See if they get a winning streak going.

Argued with the Isis short shifter for about a day or 2, finally said "screw it. Live with the rattles."
Tried a dozen different fixes, some I was even impressed I thought of, but oh well. I'll get a B&M later.

NOW! Onto today. Still reading? Or are you just skimming for pics by now? :lol:
Picked up some Prosport gauges. Big with Subies because of color matching. Plus, local and warranty. Can't complain. Also picked up an ATI frog pod to go with them. Gauge stuck out, but black tape and the hood blended it in nicely. All was well, till I bought more.

Saw an R33 with a gauge pod I liked, so I went and got a Glowshift Tripple Gauge Pod off ebay. No, don't buy it, but for 15 shipped what do I care. Took some serious custom mounting, it's more like a 1.25 DIN (lengthwise). Took a few hours, ran the harnesses together with some solder and heat shrink. Drilled a hole in the firewall and routed the wires through a grommet, and hooked it all up. A couple 2nd degree burns (Note: don't miss the handle on your soldering iron) and some patience and tada!

So, now you're completely caught up. Future plans? Door panels are off, redoing them in suede tomorrow. Headliner maybe next weekend. Long term? Well, long-er anyway. SR motors coming up here fairly soon, with plenty of $ goodies. Stay tuned campers.

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#6 ·
Blacktop SR with some bolt-on goodies, eventually nicer turbo and an 8k rev :D
:gaah: :Facepalm

j/k

Looks good Sir. Glad you decided to keep it
+1 for the R-Tune Coils
I like them. Good comfort and easy adjustibility.

Your in MD? I'm going to have to come up there and chill with you some time, i'm in NOVA. Car looks good!
Hah, I work in Tysons, and live about 10 minutes from Sleepy_Steve, come on up!

Good progress. Better keep this thing updated. Gauge mounting looks familiar. ;) However, you have a lot less of a wiring mess in the back, than I do.
Had help with the wiring, but like I said, all you need is heat shrink and a lot of solder. Can't recommend the burns though. Was interesting seeing a giant stepper bit coming through my firewall lol. But, now all the wires are nice and neat and out of the way.

#10 ·
Got it to a point I wanted, and didn't want to build the motor. Still ate a vette, a viper, and lastly a Shelby that pulled back at 145 :p Felt like I'd gotten the most out of it, and couldn't have downtime since it was my daily. Plus, at the time I was spending $10/day in gas to get to work 55 miles away. Buddy with an RSTi wanted it, gave me a good number, I said sure why not. lol. Is ok, I still have the dyno vids and buttloads of pics. PM me if you want em ;)

So, sold it, got a civic and the 240.

About fucking time you post this up.
Hahaha you never told me I should!!!

#14 ·
17mpg premium < 40+ mpg regular.

1 car < 2 cars.

You'll see someday when you're all growed up :p bout more than HP

In other news: Doors still not done.
SR may also be delayed, but only because I got a new line on some sick parts. No, I'm not sharing :p

#16 ·
Since someone asked, I'll clarify. I'm not sharing the source :p

Possible reason for SR delay:
S15 Spec R Seats
S15 Wheel
S15 Knob & Thread Adapter
S15 black Sunvisors
JDM front/rear/skirts/wing
Wheels/tires

Oh, and cluster/hvac leave Friday to get an LED conversion.

There. Bite my shiny metal ass. :p Good enough reasons to put the SR off. We'll see, should know more by end of the week.

#19 ·
I understand mpg, but never a civic. Id rather drive a Geo.

But wow, that sti. How can you go from driving that to a slow 140hp 240

Doesnt that make you mad?

#20 ·
Meh. You get over it.

And considering my father's 96 civic is at ~270k miles, and still getting 40+ mpg, go talk like a teen elsewhere. Enjoy your geo.

#26 ·
Well. The doors are a loss. No way to rewrap without damaging the doors. The fiberglass is so thin that when cutting material on it, it cuts the door. If I cut the template to fit, it won't stretch well on it.

So. Going to try to clean the doors over the next few days, since under the fabric is just more vinyl. If they are still spotchy from factory adhesive, I'll look into getting them recovered locally.

Gauge cluster and HVAC ship off for LED's this week. w00t.

#28 ·
Pulled the interior apart. Looks like the car threw up.

Redid my CF wrap.
Packaged the Cluster, HVAC, and defroster button to mail off for LED conversion.
Pulled my center console to install a second 12v outlet and run my iPod cable.

#29 ·
Debating after I do the cluster LED's and my JDM bits, having some stuff flocked. Never see it, it'd be hot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.