Nissan 240SX Forums banner

Feriation's KA24DE-T s14.5 build thread

17K views 73 replies 9 participants last post by  Feriation 
#1 ·
Alright, here's my baby. It's totally possible that there are some things missing:

It's possible somethings are still missing:

Motor:
KA24DE built and balanced
Rebuilt head, new bronze valve guides
Arias 8.8:1 pistons
Crower Rods
Crower Turbo camshafts
Calico coated bearings
ARP hardware
Supertech valvesprings and retainers
Cometic MLS headgasket

Turbo Setup:
Turbonetics T3/T04 50trim .63 AR BALL BEARING TURBO
JGS log topmount mainfold
Xcessive Intake Manifold
JGS downpipe modified with WG recirculation
Greddy lower downpipe
JGS intercooler piping
Godspeed intercooler
HKS SSQVIII blow off valve
Tial 38mm waste gate
Greddy Power Extreme 2 catback
AEM progressive Methanol Injection Kit (11psi primary, 18psi secondary)
K&N air filter
Greddy catch can
Greddy oil cap

Fuel:
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
AMS topfeed fuelrail
SS braided fuel lines with 6-AN fittings
72lb MSD low impedance injectors
FuelLab Fuel Pressure Regulator
Liquid filled fuel pressure gauge

Cooling:
Koyo aluminum radiator
FAL 220 dual fans
OBX polyeurethane coolant hoses
Nismo thermostat
Greddy radiator cap

Management & Electronics:
Microtech LT8s ECU
Greddy Profec B II boost controller
Defi control unit
Defi BF Boost gauge
Defi BF Oil Pressure gauge
Defi BF Oil Temp gauge
Innovate Wideband O2 sensor
TurboXS Knocklite/ shiftlight

Drivetrain:
OS Giken Super Single Clutch
Fidanza flywheel
SPL clutchline
Unorthodox crank pulley
Clutch pivot fork
B&M short shifter

Wheels and Brakes:
Work Meister S2R 18x8 ET 20 18x9 ET 20
Nitto Invo 235 front 255 rear
Z32 front and rear calipers
Brembo crossdrilled rotors
ProjectNissan steelbraided brake lines
Z32 brake master cylinder
PBR brakepads
Z32 e-brake assembly

Suspension:
Tanabe Sustec coilovers
Tanabe front and rear sway bars with polyeurethane bushings
Sportline front TC rods
Tein inner and outer tie rods
SPL rear endlinks
SPL rear tension rods
Sportline rear upper control arms
JIC Magic carbon fiber front strut bar
Greddy rear strut bar
all bushings replaced with Energy Suspension polyeurethane bushings (front and rear)
metal subframe spacers

Exterior:
OEM s15 headlights
Drift style front bumper
Nismo sides and rear bumper
Nismo JDM rear spoiler
OEM JDM Kouki tail lights

Interior and Stereo:
Pioneer AVIC-D3 deck
Inifinity Kappa 60.2cs front speakers
Alpine SPR-17C rear speakers
Alpine Type-R 10" subwoofer
Kicker ZX 700.5 amplifier
Bell RX65 radar detector hard wired in
JDM S15 black carpet
Custom Silvia mats
Momo Evolution steering wheel
Nismo shift knob
custom carbon fibre bezzel trim
JDM Kouki speedo
custom made chrome speedo rings
Greddy Turbo Timer
Black Widow alarm system

Other:
PIAA Electric Horn
Taylor Battery Relocation kit

See less See more
#3 ·
OS Giken Super Single clutch, a new O2 sensor, and starter are going in tomorrow!

New Origin Aggressive Style s15 bumper is going on near the end of the month in November before I take her off the roads for the winter.

And lastly, she'll be getting tuned once my shop get's their dyno in, come beginning of November!

We dyno'd her for shits and giggles on the other shop's dyno, running at a conservative boost of 15psi (she's built to handle 22 easily) she was putting out 338hp and 278tq. It will be nice to see what she can do once she's be retuned properly. I'd personally like to shoot for 400 by the end of next summer, but we'll see. ;)

#4 ·
This blows my mind. It looks amazing. How much of a hassle is it to clean the car? I assume it gets dirty in like 5 minutes of driving.

Origin Stream> Aggressive.

I might do Stream soon, but depending on the price of the kit it might have to wait for right now. I want to rock out my Oem Bumper, Kouki side skirts and I'm on the hunt for a front lip right now.

Psst, I know you want some Canards on it.

Who the f%^& id Wes Barber? I've seen his name on a bunch of pictures. He must be a really good photographer.

#5 ·
This blows my mind. It looks amazing. How much of a hassle is it to clean the car? I assume it gets dirty in like 5 minutes of driving.

Origin Stream> Aggressive.

I might do Stream soon, but depending on the price of the kit it might have to wait for right now. I want to rock out my Oem Bumper, Kouki side skirts and I'm on the hunt for a front lip right now.

Psst, I know you want some Canards on it.

It was a toss up between the Stylish and the Aggressive. Like I said before, I had her parallel parked on the road in front of my house, and some large truck driver decided to back his trailer hitch right into my front end. Well, out I run from my house, wearing nothing but my house coat and start screaming at him to stop. He was trying to drive away!! I snapped a pic of his license plate while running after him and he stopped and I was able to get the rest of his info. He's 100% in the fault, so I'm not even paying my deductible! :) Instead of bondo'ing my already 95% bondo front bumper, I asked the insurance company to write me a cheque for the cost of labour to repair it. So with that, and another $160, I was able to buy the bumper. My shop loves me and gives me awesome discounts! And the guy who hooked me up with my bumper knows someone who will give me $100 for the old one as is. So all in all, my Origin bumper is costing me a whopping $60!! And it gets fitted, mounted, and painted on d-bag truck drivers insurance premium! <3 HAHAHA

As far as keeping her clean... She has her moments. Thankfully where I live, it doesn't rain. Much. As such, she usually stays pretty clean. Just a quick $10 car wash every couple of weeks keeps her looking nice and sparkly. Except for now.... It's terrible. She doesn't even look white right now... D:

I'm really wanting to get a CF hood..... Maybe I convince my friends that should be my birthday present this summer....

#8 ·
Thanks for all the complements on my car everyone! :jumpjoy

I don't know where any of my vids went, but hopefully my buddies and I can bust out the gopros and get some footage of her in action. I'm still undetermined as to whether I am going to race her in the time attack on the 28th. I may try to convince some people to take some video of her in action on the cruise this coming Sunday though.

Also, I had put down her numbers in a previous post. But her dyno came back with 338hp, and 278tq while running at a conservative boost of 15psi. She is built for at least 22psi, and I'm thinking of upping the boost when she gets retuned. She is running really really lean below 4,500rpm, and too rich above that.

#13 ·
What fenders did you use? The ones I have are short up near the windshield and don't properly follow the front curves of the door.

Origin?

Sorry man, for the life of me, I can't remember... They were already on the car when I bought it. I'm like 90% sure they're Nismo though.

In other news, car went in to get a shiny new clutch!

Among the clutch, she's been in a pissy mood and have put in a new starter, O2 sensor, repaired a vacuum leak, and a leak in my meth line. She's SUPPOSED to get tuned on the 7th of November.... But I don't know if she'll be on the road still by then. According to some reports, there is going to be snowfall on Sunday! D:

#18 ·
I see that bump of yours, and yes BoostinIX is right. My clutch is in and amazing!! I've gone from one starter being a PITA to a new starter being a different PITA (Just grounding, but still...)

There is supposed to be a Time Attack event this Sunday, but with the weather as it is, it's likely going to be canceled due to snow. I was hoping to get some action shots and maybe a vid of her in action. She's being parked no later than the end of the month, but if the snow keeps coming down the mountain at the speed it is.... I don't think I'll even have that long. :gaah:

I'M NOT READY TO BRING OUT THE WINTER BEATER!!!

So this will likely be the last update on my 240 until the spring, unless you all want to see me pimp out my 3 banger firefly! ;)

#20 ·
Not hatin' at all. I love my firefly. That thing is awesome. haha. 1.0 litre, non turbo'd, 3 cylinder engine gets EPIC gas mileage. But let's face it, it's no where near as fun to drive as my 240 is. =)

That little firefly is my hundred dollar baller. Lady who sold it had no clue what it was worth. I paid $100 and all it needed was a caliper and brake job. Already had a brand new battery and a serpentine belt installed. A couple months later, they then asked me if I knew of anyone who wanted to buy a 91 miata with 18" montegi rims for..... $500. Again, all it needed was a new battery. Crazy people. I'm waiting for them to sell their new ford fusion for a grand or something like that. lol

#22 ·
Uhm. Bear with me and my metric system. But out of a $30 tank of gas I get anywhere from 550 to almost 700 km a tank!! As opposed to my 240 which costs me $60 (94 octane) and I can eek out 300km of conservative driving. :-( oh, and whatever my methanol costs me too. My 240 hates my bank account.

#23 ·
Oh!!! And with my OS Clutch came this wicked t-shirt with a twin plate on the side. Looks very cool. They sent me a men's medium, when I wear a women's small. So I sent their head office asking if they had them in women's sizes (nope) they did offer to send me out a men's small. But they also offered to send me the file so I can get them screen printed myself.

If there are any women, or girlfriends out there who'd want one, let me know. I'll be posting pictures of the shirt.

Super happy with the most incredibly polite, helpful, friendly, and prompt customer service I've received from OS Giken. From both the Japanese and American offices!!

#29 ·

:p

Hey. Ms. Snowfall. Ready to hate?

There's last years 100 Drifters of December. (over 100 cars, hence the name). 2 day event, all the tracks at Summit are ours. And yes, that was JR and a couple of the other pro drivers who felt like coming out :p

#32 ·
@ BoostinIX: Fuuuuck you! I'm watching the season end video from our boys at Drift Union, while also watching teeny flakes of snow falling outside. Reminding me, I need to get off my ass, bondo a sideskirt, make the call to Prestige Auto to have my bumper painted and fitted, and to hope they'll throw some of the extra paint they have onto my sideskirt. Change ALL my fluids... Cause I procrastinated ALL summer D: Give my baby a good wash, inside and out, and find a new car cover because I seem to have lost my old one in the move. :(

@ Mikester: lol, thank you!

@ Razgriz: MORE UPDATES ON YO' THREAD PLEASE!!

#35 ·
@ Razgriz: MORE UPDATES ON YO' THREAD PLEASE!!
I'm making small updates to keep people looking :p

Should have a timing chain kit, full s14 gasket kit (meaning 80% of what I need) and ECU and an s14 232 cam this week. Also found the machine shop I will be using. 115$ for a cleaning, decking, bore and hone. Head is about 315$ for a full check on everything/valve job. Though I might see about just the valve job and me and a friend do the rest. But already shaving off some cost which is great. Started serving today too so income going up a little which is nice.

#33 ·
Alright guys, you said you wanted action shots! Unfortunately I've only been able to find the one uploaded so far. Once my friend gets back from SEMA, I'm going to pester him for the video he took on his phone.

Car felt like she was all over the track yesterday. Considering I'm driving on my wear bar, and the track was wet..... yeah... New tyres are getting put on first day I swap insurance back to her, and hopefully I'll get some more pictures and better videos for ya'll! <3

#40 ·
Alright, here's the video.

I am now off to the drug store to buy something that will hopefully knock me out, and I'm going to sleep away the rest of this cold. :(

As far as casualties go: Green Evo blew an engine. Crazy rod knock. Silver Civic lost a bolt and somehow their tyre flew off and up in their wheel well (Did see it, was getting lunch at the time). The fast as shit red fiat you saw at 1:40 broke an axle on their second lap. A shame, that thing was amazing! I got off lucky with a wideband error message which went away after I turned the car off and back on again... lol

Favourite cars of the day? Definitely the two blue subies and the R35. The hatch was hauling ass the entire day. SO much so, that they ran out of tyre at the end of it all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.