Nissan 240SX Forums banner

What a waste of money

44K views 438 replies 28 participants last post by  320MN240 
#1 ·
I guess I'll start one of these.

Bought the car when a drunk driver hit my truck.

It was neglected, and unreliable.... And it had a JWT ECU so it was probably abused too, even for an automatic.

Then it was hit in a taco bueno parking lot and the dbag drove off while I was inside. Bought a JY bumper and tail light... My friend's grandpa insisted he would have his shop fix it ( I thought for next to free) They charged me $200 to fuck up a piece of the body above my tail light trying to pull it out and put the bumper I bought on.

Then I replaced some sensors, "fixed" some dents and tried to rattlecan it, but it came out terrible.

Then I put a pedobear sticker on it and fixed the brakes...

One caliper was seized and ended up ruining pads and caliper.

Then God took a shit on my car in the form of 5" hail

Then my friend fixed my windshield wiper assembly by heating up one of those little plastic caps and remoulding it around the ball joint it's supposed to hold on to (because it kept popping off)

Then I replaced the waterpump, radiator, trans cooler, t-stat, upper hose and converted to efans. I also installed an air/oil separator (the little blue thing near the valve cover) I didn't buy the right one the first time around because it didn't have a baffle. It worked to keep oil from going into the intake from the valve cover on my friend's honda and mustang... But even after I replaced the one in the pic with the right one, it still didn't catch oil. Guess KA's don't have the same problem SBF's and SOHC honda's do.

Champion 3 row radiator and (unknown brand) oil cooler

Then my friend found an exhaust on a 240 in the JY for $10 and we replaced my rusted muffler

Then I bought some CV meshies fr $200 from a JY

Stripped them

Painted them
'

Wrapped them in some 205/50/16 kumho ecsta AST's for $200 + my old used kumhos from my truck

Jesus then said my car should be 2 tone for Christmas

Then I took off those nasty grand am wheels and put on my ballin on a budget rims

Oh and last summer I started a fiberglass speaker box to house one 15" sub. Still haven't finished it but once I do, I've got a buddy that wants to chrome illusion it... So use your imagination

Measuring, cutting, measuring, cutting, fitting, measuring, cutting, and frame done

Molding

And then Ive laid most of the fiberglass, but still need to reinforce a few spots, So more pics when I get around to that.

Then I bought some new ISIS stuff from a kid that "lost" his car before he could install them... $250

Painted that ugly shit pearl burgundy...

Now I can bend corners like a Cadillac with my ballin ass pearl burgundy arms...

Then I spent a month or so pushing dents and doing bodywork. Made a sub $10 paint booth and prepped it for paint.... Now I'm just waiting for it to be warm enough to paint. I couldn't get the hood perfect... But I must say, the car looks 1000 times better than it did. I couldn't get a dent out in the very front of the hood, nor could I get it to fit right on the left side... But fuck it (lol I said but fuck) If I ever decide to do a baller paintjob then I'll buy a baller hood.... Until then, this car is meant to be nothing more than fun.

Plans:

When weather allows: Chalkboard paint
This payday: Coilovers
When I'm done painting: Alignment
Then I'll be gathering parts for my 5 speed swap. Once all parts are acquired, I save.... Once I have enough, I send the engine and trans to their respective shops to be rebuilt. While that is happening, I start the 5spd swap. When I get the motor and trans back, I put them in and break them in as I acquire parts for turbo (which I already have a FMIC, an assortment of 2.5" and 3" piping, possibly a BNIB t3t4 and a few other cheap things I'm probably not going to use so I'm not going to get into specifics)

See less See more
#5 ·
^ no blue at this time. My painter/paint hookup left for college before I could get the funds. So Chalkboard paint for now... Probably wont last more than a year, but it will be fun... By then I should have the rest of the car done, then I can sand it down and do a real paint job... Or plastidip or some other stupid shit that catches my eye.

Thanks guys.

Just ordered my coilovers. They're cheap, but got good reviews from the 350z crowd and they are in dallas, so if I have some issues with my warranty, I can go down there and throw them through their front window.

these. 18way damper, camber plates in front, 1"-3.25" lowering... All I need right now.
Nissan 240sx s14 S15 Silvia 95 02 Adjustable coilover Coilovers Kit F8KG R6KG | eBay

#8 ·
They came. I didn't, but I got a semi...

Ordered fri at 6pm, shipped monday, arrived today (Would have been some time this afternoon/evening, but since I work at the source, I get to pick my shit out before it rides on a truck all day with some maniac behind the wheel)

#9 ·
So I've been looking and comparing and looking and comparing and I give up.... I'm just going to buy another pair of headlights and hack mine up (since the middle mounting brackets are broke on mine anyways)

I have a question... When I buy the projectors, am I going to need to buy new HID's or can I get around that by getting a specific projector?

#10 ·
I remember seeing a thread on this somewhere either here on zilvia. /useless

But to fix the middle tabs (not really fix) you can just go to a home improvement store, get some cheap metal plate (I used some storm rain diverter edge for your roof) for like $7, cut it, glue the bottom to the bottom of your zenki headlights, and drill out holes for it to mount. You can spend a little more and get some L brackets to support it

or just do it with some L brackets, but the metal thing gives it somewhat of a "ARC cooling panel " style to it.

Give me some time, I'll show you what the hell I'm talking about

#12 ·
It's finally warmed up... Went fishing for the first time this year... Caught a bunch of little shit...

Then got a paint gun... Figured $10 for a HVLP gun was worth a try... Paint was too thick and I was afraid to thin it since I don't want it to lose it's texture.

So I went back to the roller. First coat done, some minor lines, but not as bad as I was thinking they'd be. 1000 grit will take care of it after I'm done.

Then I ate some sauteed mushroom topped steak and skrimps

#13 ·
Color sanding, done. Going to do another coat tomorrow. Depending on how it goes, it will likely be the last coat. Then I get to start on my suspension so I can haz low. Although I won't be able to get it in the alignment shop for at least a week due to my buddy's buddy being slammed at work.

#15 ·
Painting done. Tomorrow I start on suspension.

As you can see (Magnified to fuck by the blackboard paint) I couldn't get all the dents perfect... Now I'm wishing I had taken the panels and back seat out to get that one out behind the driver's door. Probably just draw over it in hopes of it standing out less. That's what I get for being lazy. The one in front of the driver's door IDK, I push it out from the inside, it's cool, then it popped back in when I pulled it out of the garage.

#19 ·
^ thanks, They'll look better when The fenders get a little closer to them this weekend :D Was going to start on suspension tonight, but due to working all week on less than 4hrs of sleep everynight, and my buddy ordering the PPV fight, it can wait one more day.

Chalkboard paint is done (It looks cloudy because I had to prime it by rubbing chalk on the whole surface)

#20 ·
Front is done.

Old tension rod bushing. I'll have to take another pic later now that it's off, but you can tell its almost non existent

Too much low.. I was rubbing on the fender and wiring harness when turning... So I brought it up 3/16" Plus I couldn't even get the low pro jack under the car in the front, had to jack it up in the middle lol.

Perfect (paint looks cloudy on the door because I didn't clean the chalk completely off after priming the paint with chalk) It comes real close to rubbing, so I might bring it up another 1/8" Once the rear is done I will decide.

#23 ·
You read my mind. I was trying to figure out what to do about the sharp lip on the rears and the wiring harness. The harness seems fine where it is (feels like it will be rubbing on the inside of the wheel well before the harness) but it seems to be a common problem so I think I may lift it an inch to be safe.

#25 ·
Hammered that sharp lip in on the rear fenders, and adjusted more.

First test drive went well. Rubbing on the front plastic inner fender on the right side during left turns (other side doesnt have one), and there is a very faint fluttering sound at about 25mph that I cant tell where it's coming from. Probably also the plastic piece... So that shit has to go.

Don't mind the writing... Just wrote some dumb shit because it's chalkboard paint. Hopefully my brother and niece will be over this weekend to draw on it.

IDK how people can slam their car... I like being able to jack my car up without driving up on 2x4"s Especially if I got a flat... F that nightmare.

#26 · (Edited)
Took that inner fender off and raised it 1/8th on the driver front. Now it is 24" from top of wheel well to ground on all four corners... I could go like a 1/2" lower safely in the rear, but I don't want it to look weird.

Edit:
My bro drew this today

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.