Nissan 240SX Forums banner

It's official, I have joined the Darkside...

Fastback: 
27K views 273 replies 29 participants last post by  collegekid 
#1 · (Edited)
I never thought this day would come. I honestly never wanted it too but because of the good heart in me I couldn't let a friends unfinished project go to waste. If it was a POS yet I would have let it go but this one was special :)

Run down of the car when I was first introduced to it:

1990 Hot Red(526) Fastback
49,000 ORIGINAL Miles
Auto Theft Recovery
Auto to Manual Conversion
DOHC Body Harness Partially installed

Took be 2hrs to get enough of the car back together to be towed to a friends house where it sat for the next month and a half getting running. Mind you I only got to work on this car on Sundays due to our work schedules. All in total I had about 8-9days into this thing before I finally got to bring it home.

Before I was able to even tow it I need to assemble the following:
- Drop the Motor & Trans in place and zip tie all wires so they don't fall during the tow
- Bring my own and assemble the Suspension Front & Rear
- Bring my own and assemble the Brakes Front & Partial Rear
- Bring my own and install Wheels
- Throw all the extra parts and shove them into the car
- Assemble the body back together: Front Bumper, Fenders, Hood, Doors, Hatch & Rear Bumper

After the 2hrs of rushing to get the car together I was off following my new project being towed home.
finally got it to my friends house 30miles later where it would sit for the next month and a half or so.

This is where major work began to take place. I didn't want to take pictures because it wasn't my house and his garage has alot of stuff if you know what I mean so it wasn't my style to advertise what was in the background. But from that point on every Sunday I had off was dedicated to get this car running and to my house where it would sit until my Gold Zenki was completely sold and taken for.

Before I was able to drive it home yesterday I had to due the following
- Clear out the interior of the car
- Run & Label the Body Harness
- Install a Diff & Driveshaft
- Redo the Rear Suspension
- Change the Rear Wheel Bearings because they came apart
- Wire up the Motor & Trans
- Run all the Wires in the Engine Bay
- Change & Run ALL New Fuel Lines
- Install a Gas Tank
- Tighten ALL Loose bolts under the car
- trouble Shoot no start

And Finally after all of that I was driving her home.
And here she is.
My Darkside Project, Everything my Beloved Zenki wasn't
- S13
- Fastback
- Has a VLSD
- 5-Lug
- Bucket Seats
- Gutted Interior

It's gonna be fun...

Run down of the Specifics on the car so far:
- SOHC Front, Soon to have a Lip, and Soon after getting a DOHC Front. Performance Reasons.
- S14 95 OBD-1 Auto KA w/ S13 Trans
- ALL Emissions Delete
- S14 Intake
- S14 Header Setup
- MR 3" TP
- Front 1/2 of a 80mm Blitz Nur
- Heater Bypass
- Stripped of A/C
- S14 VLSD
- Ichiba 5-Lug conversion: New Timken Rear Bearings
- Evo 8 Front Wheels | OG 5Zigen Typhoon 17x9+22 Rear Wheels (Huge Tires, Came off a Friends Q, Temp)
- Q45 Front Brakes
- S14 Manual Brake Booster
- Brand new Exedy Master & Slave w/ RTR Braided Line
- Recaro Speed Seats on Custom Fixed Rails

There are still ALOT of things for me to do before this thing gets put on the Road but I have more then enough time. Let the good times roll ;)

See less See more
#2 ·
So far the main 2 things I LOVE about this car:
- The Body, Front Bumper, Hood, Headlight Covers, Pass Fender & Roof are ALL Factory Paint
- Chassis only has a Registered 49k Miles

:D

All for the price of $500 and a bit of my time and it officially became mine :)

#6 ·
Nice
Not flipping here, it's min all mine.

Damn cheap considering what's wrong with it. Good luck restoring that shit. It's going to take a while, especially when you find new rusted and seized bolts along the way.

How do you pull the bearings out of the ichiba hubs? I have no clue.
There's really nothing wrong with it. It just needs to be put back together is all.
Zero rust minus the corner of the hatch because that sat outside.
Car sat in a garage since early 2000.
The rears need to be pressed out just like stock.
More than likely the inside race is gonna get stuck to the Hub so you'll have to carefully cut it off:

Wow just wow

I don't even, the bullsh, what the f,

I want those wheels

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Hehe :)
Told you, the darkside....
The Typhoons or the Evo's?

#4 ·
Damn cheap considering what's wrong with it. Good luck restoring that shit. It's going to take a while, especially when you find new rusted and seized bolts along the way.

How do you pull the bearings out of the ichiba hubs? I have no clue.

#11 ·
Evos dag

I expect quality shit from you. Better be good like mikester a build

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Qualiy yes.
Have I ever let you down?
High $$$, no. Sorry lol.

As for the Evo's I have a Nice full set in store coming soon.

Welcome to the darkside young sith .
:beer2:

I dig it.
If I would have know this I would have told you about a guy that just sold kouki tails for $150.
Appreciate that but I'm not really a Kouki Tail fan.
More of a Red & Clear fan.

YAY SCOOT IS AN S13 OWNER!!! WHOOHOOO!!!!

Maybe now ill follow one of his threads ;p <3
:gc-Popcorn_Smiley_b

#12 ·
Dem Evo 8 wheels. I had some in storage, but they weren't mine hahaha. Brother had them sitting for his friend. I secretly threw them on for a weekend and it was awesome.

Request: When you put the door back on/off, can you show how you get that small pin out by the hinge? I was thinking a hammer and a real thin stud or something, but don't know.

I got door damage and thought I'd just buy another door instead of trying to fix mine. Probably cost more to fix the damage than it is to just find another door cheaper on zilvia or locally.

#13 ·
Yeah just get a smaller then normal hammer due to the confined space.
All you gatta do is tap out the metal pin and the take out that plastic retainer and the hinge/stopper comes right out.

Also I hope you used Hybrid Mag Style 12x1.25 Lug nuts to put them on.
Using the regular tapered lug nuts can damage the wheel and leave play room for the wheel to move no matter how tight you make it.

#14 ·
So now that my thread is made let's get to talking about this thing.

First what I'm gonna do is clean this bitch out cause it practicality has a 2nd Fastback worth of parts in it lol.
Gonna clean it out first, pull what interior I have put in back out.
Finish up laying down the wiring properly.
Label and Tag everything that I'm gonna be deleting later as far as wiring goes.
Then i'm gonna put what interior I have into the car.

Once the Interior is back together I'll move to the Exterior where I'll be doing some paint correction and panel repainting and fitting. The paint is in good condition but it sat outside for the last month or so without a wash so I wanna make sure I didn't destroy it by doing so.

After that's done I'll need to start getting parts that I need to make this thing Legal and to Fix what I saw was broke or what I felt should be replaced. Like I say ALL builds/modding should start. Fix the damn thing before you start modding it or in the end you come out with a polished turd lmao.

Exterior:
- Headlights: I have New Sealed Beams to go in for the time being but if funds allow so a Quality set of Cibie Housings will be in it's future.
- Front Turn Signals & Side Markers: There missing finding a nice set to match the condition of the body is minimal, not to mention the prices I see lol. So a Full Set of Depo Clears are in store.
- Rear Bumper: Needs to be Painted (Black)
- Hatch: Needs to be Cleaned & Painted (Black) Later on it will be replaced as it's got minor rust in one of the corners.
- Front Bumper: Well, it might get a SOHC Lip ;)

Interior:
- Finish Running, Securing & Labeling ALL Wiring
- Reinstall ALL Interior parts I have: Only major things I saw missing was the Carpet & the Rear Speaker/Privacy Trim/Holder/Whatever you wanna call it lmao
- Seat Rails so I'm not stuck in a Custom Fixed bracket made for someone that's 6'2" lol.
- install my S14 Seat Belts

Engine:
- Change the Thermostat & Water Pump: May have a Nismo Thermo coming.
- Replace the Radiator: It's in decent condition but if I'm gonna beat this thing like I want to I'll feel better with a Aluminum one.
- CS Over Flow Tank & P/S Res
- Possible CS Coolant Breather and Twin Mini Oil Catch cans to Compliment the other CS pieces. Twin Mini are for the PCV & the VC Vent.
- Probably get some eFans and Remove the Fan Clutch OR I get a GKTech Fan and install my S14 Fan Shroud
- Tidy up the Wiring some more.
- Extract the Broken Exhaust Stud in the Head.
- CS Fire Ring Exhaust Gaskets
- Find another Blitz Nur & get a PN 80mm Resonated TP to Match it.
- Replace the Fuel Pump cause it came from a JY car: Possibly a DW200 Pump.

Drivetrain:
- Seems OK but I'll know for sure when I get it on the Road more. All I got on it is a 2 mile drive from my friends house.

Suspension:
- Continue to check for any more loose bolts.
- Replace the Ungodly blown Struts & Shocks: Probably gonna end up getting my friend S.Tech Springs to put on some Stagg Struts & Shocks. Nothing serious but something better than Stock Blown.
- Depending if I can get the Alignment Specs I want I might get some arms.

Brakes:
- Get Rebuilt Calipers All Around: Q45 Front S13 Rear
- Get a set of Low Dust pads: Still doing research.
- Replace my Still new but Ugly Rotors lmao
- Check & Tighten the eBrake.

Wheels & Tires:
- ALL the Tires are Shot lol: I should have a Clean set of Evo 8 Wheels with nice rubber on them soon.

Mods that I will be looking at shortly after:
- ChaseBays Clutch Line: Because I don't really this RTR line. It was just to get the car running/moving.
- ChaseBays Engine Bay Brake Lines: Because of the S14 Booster which is smaller the Hardlines are all out of wack because there sitting about 1-1.5" closer to the firewall.
- Install my ChaseBays Brake Lines for the Calipers: Already have them from my Zenki.
- Size up & Install my Sound System sitting on the side.
- Install and Hid my Alarm.
- Start replacing all these shitty connectors with DT connectors & start wire Tucking & Trimming.

Because this thing is Stripped damn near all "Comfort" has gone out the window for me cause I'm not gonna spend the money replacing all the stuff that are missing. So things like a S14 Solid Subframe conversion and ALL Sphericals may well be seen in here.

#17 ·
Neither did I my friend....
My hearts still with the 14 forevar but its nice to try something new.
Then again it'll slowly turn into a 14.
I mean it already has a 14 KA.
I'm looking to put a 14 Rear Sub frame.
Gonna put 14 Front Susp.
Hell might even try shove a 14 Dash in this bitch lol.

#25 ·
Alright so here's the plan for this weekend of mine.
Sunday:
- Pull all parts out
- Pull all interior out minus wiring including the dash
- Clean it from the Firewall to the Taillights
- Run through the wiring Tagging everything that I'm gonna be removing
- Plan attack of Chassis Harness Tuck with DT connectors and Bussman Relay and Fuse Block
- Finish up anything under the dash that needs to be done

Monday:
- Wash this dirty whore
- Looks for any signs of water leaks which I know it has at least 2
- Determine condition of the paint and how much correction will be needed
- Put it on stands and dbl check every single bolt under there
- Make a list of anything missing that's needed or wanted

Maybe snap a few more pics for you guys. I advise you though, she's kinda fugly in her current state.
But I assure you'll like what I have planned for her.

#26 ·
While you're at it might as well pull that gas tank and put some fresh fuel and relocate the battery if you plan on it. If you were going to do this anyway, then don't listen to wtf i'm saying. I'm just spouting bs out my ass because I are excite! Not a whole lot left for me to do to my car. So I will live vicariously through your build as if it were my own. lulz

#27 ·
Lmao.
Tank was bought second hand empty.
Looked pretty damn clean in there so didn't bother to rinse it out or anything.
Plans for a relocation are in store , box and tray is already in possession but might be sold in favor of lithium type setup.
If I'm feeling baller enough :)

#29 ·
Why I thank you :)

I promise you'll enjoy my contributions to the dark side.
Though it may not be utterly pure evil like some of the things you guys are building, but she'll be enough :)

Lots of trolling to be done with this build ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.