Nissan 240SX Forums banner

Bought an S13...finally back.

10K views 76 replies 7 participants last post by  Scoot 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey all!

Its been a while. Bought a decent S13 shell today. Well, it seems to be better than the last one I got ha It was somebodies old drift slut so I bought it from a guy that had no use for it anymore.

Rear interior end came pretty stripped. No engine...etc Just how I like them.

I have a bunch of parts that I planned on using for my Q45 Y33 build but figured, since I wanted to get back into a S-chassis, that I will just use the parts on the S13 now and finish the Q45 some time later down the road. To bad I can't use the 19 inch Work Meisters :serious: oh well....

So far I have:

-PBM front tension rods
-PBM rear traction arms
-PBM rear camber arms
-PBM rear toe arms
-PBM solid subframe spacers
-300zx 26mm F&R calipers
-Q45 drilled and slotted rotors
-EBC red stuff pads
-ARP extended wheel studs
-Project Kics R-40 neo chromes
-Vintage Momo wood steering wheel (made in the early 1990s)

Plans are RHD 180sx Type-X build on possibly some Meisters or maybe SP3s with around 400hp SR20. I know, I know.....another type-x body...I likesss it though. I already have paint, for car and wheels, in mind but keeping that to myself.

Only pictures for now are this yo:

the slutbag:

Anybody need parts? haha:

See less See more
#4 ·
There we go.
Damn, goes to show how much I pay attention :/

Hopefully you won't run into any major issues this time around.
For some reason even when I'm broker than broke I can't find my self selling any of my cars. Can't bare to watch someone else destroy it :(

#5 ·
I know what you mean bud. Luckily, I was the one that destroyed the last 2. Didn't sell the shells to anybody ha

I hope so too. Excited to get this thing to the point where I want it to be.

No new updates really. I have been slowly tearing things apart. Hopefully tomorrow or the day after I will be back at the apartment and will post some pics of all the nice and shiny parts that I have waiting for the skutbag because we all know how much we like shiny things :p

Luckily, the cars engine bay already came pretty stripped down and I have minor things to do. I have a buddy already waiting for me to do tubs and the RHD conversion when I am ready

btw.....decided to nickname the chick.....skutbag. So from now on she will be know as the skut of the block haha :big_grin:

As you can see, she is fairly decent as far as the body goes. Hopefully no real major surprises. I didn't see anything serious when I went and checked her out.

#13 ·
As promised...pictures of parts! Sorry for the delay. No new updates on the car really. I live 2 hrs away from the car. Its at my parents house so I go visit there every couple of weeks.

I am also waiting for a few things to sell from my end before I order more things. I have another Q45 I need to sell, my 19" Meisters (I need 18" for the 240 anyways), new tires and my air cup management system that I was going to use on my Q45.

piktarz (sorry for cell phone pics):

Parts are best stored in the closet ;-)

I will probably run all PBM parts. Just need to get coils. Thinking of F18kg and R16kg. I know, high for a hatch, but its my car.

Brakes 26mm with rotors, rebuild kit, EBC red stuff, SS lines, Project Kics R40s and ARP bolts:

I might change this thing out. If anybody is interested in it...let me know. Vintage 1994 Momo wood steering wheel with horn button. I believe 350mm or 355mm.

Still undecided on the RHD swap. I am very biased towards my right hand so shifting with my left might be a bit complicated and I don't want to damage anything but I do enjoy seeing my buddy drive his R32 GTR on the road ha

Will update as soon as I have more updates.

#18 ·
I like 'em stiff ;)

Ha

Its just the initial plan for it. Not sure that I will run that setup for 100%. I still have to figure out wheel width and specs. I was thinking for running a square setup so the fitment will be tight. Not stancing or slamming the car. Definitely don't want that but I do want a clean look. For now, just thinking of running 18x10 all around and maybe keeping the offset range between 0 - 15. Somewhere in that range. We will see.

#22 ·
I like the wood ..... Lmao

Well, my buddy that works mostly 240s is a master with fender work so we will figure something out. He works the roller/pulling/cutting in the fenders really well. So I have confidence in him trying to fit something aggressive but nothing is set in stone right now but would like to be in that range so we will see. Still a lot of research left to do.

#23 ·
that first wheel looks superfly without the center. I want to buy it, but honestly couldn't afford it until after my car runs and drives. that second wheel you're ordering is even more dope. I think I'd rather go with burl wood since I'm going to be dipping all my vents and trim pieces in burl wood. I think 2 didn't types of wood grain would clash. I can't wait to see the fender work. please be detailed if you can.

#24 ·
I agree. The second one will work a little better for me as far as styling. The first one definitely does not look bad though. Its looks unique with the center wood. You rarely see steering wheels like that anymore.

I definitely will bud. I will have him take pictures of the work. Here is some of his work on his little brothers 240:

You can check him out on FB - Exclusive Auto Garage

#27 ·
Sorry for the lack of updates as of late but nothing really new to report. Only thing I have been doing is continuing to strip things down.

Hopefully I will go to the title office this week and get the title transferred over. If that works out then all should be good for full build.

Decided that I will not do a Type-X body with RHD. Keeping it LHD and keeping the "body" stuff a secret until I order it :)

#34 ·
I do agree that its one of the best looking hybrid conversion but keeping it true to the 240 body/lines. Plus, I have a hatch and not the coupe. Odyvia looks weird on coupes in my opinion.

R32 front end or....? but no, definitely not a front end swap to R32. I wished I could get a R32 GTR though. Still....11stacks is too much to start a build on.

Ordered my 5 lug hubs this morning. Waiting for PBM to email me back for possible spring rates and then I will more than likely order their coilovers and FLCA/Tension Rod combo.

I have my PBM tension rods up for sale if anybody is interested. They are brand new and never mounted. Won't need them since I am going with the FLCA/TenRod combo.

#40 ·
Nothing new to report. Talked to Touge Factory about putting a deposit down on the Meisters and the body kit that I will order.

Besides that, went to Dankfest in NC over the weekend. So enjoy a few of these pictures of the crew ha

1994 R32 GTR - freshly repainted on some Work Meisters and around 4xx something HP

350z - GTM Supercharger, air ride, Work VS-XXs, diffusers etc etc

Had an R35 GTR rolling with us as well

We were riding around in this monster. M3 Competition package, Meistershaft exhaust and sitting on Meisters

Saw this beauty at the meet - 240 with Type-X kit, Meisters and work done to the engine. It was gorgeous

So far...this is the status of the skutbag

#45 ·
Hahaha at least you were honest about it. If you were closer and if they were available, I would have let them go at that price. Matter of fact, I sold both fenders and the bumper to a guy for $90 #nodrifttaxprices lol

Talked to my buddy with the R32 and I will be getting his vintage Bride seats that were installed in Japan. I will need to reupholster them though. Still, pretty badass. I am a sucker for vintage stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.