FICD (Fast Idle Control Device)/Crank Angle Sensor Q? - Nissan 240SX Forums
CA18DET Tech Section for the CA18 that Began the S13 Chassis.

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 Old 10-07-2007, 03:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
CA18Magic is on a distinguished road
Points: 1,805, Level: 25 Points: 1,805, Level: 25 Points: 1,805, Level: 25
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
(Thread Starter)
FICD (Fast Idle Control Device)/Crank Angle Sensor Q?

Hey guys, i had 2 quick questions and any help would be much appreciated. I recently received my CA18DET motor and there were 2 minor setbacks right off the bat. The FICD solenoid was broken (solenoid that ups rpm when using Air Conditioning). Does anyone have this FICD assembly that is for sale? I searched for it on here and no threads have been created about this for sale. Or is there an easy fix for this?

Second minor setback, the wiring for my crank angle sensor was yanked off of the clip. I believe there were 4 wires in that clip connecting to the crank angle sensor (i would check, but my motor is at my "parentals" house). Can anyone take a peak at there clip for me and see what the wiring looks like? If you could take a pic, that would be awesome if not... i created a little diagram numbering from 1-4 and the location of the wires on the clip. If anyone could just tell me the colors based on the numbers and locations shown in the pic? If there is less or more wires, just add the number and the color (vis-versa). I read through the 200sx owners manual, searched this site and google'd it. No luck. Again, any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-15-2007, 11:31 AM

rico05 is on a distinguished road
I have an FCID that I am not using (no heat and no a/c makes me a bad ass). It is just kind of hanging out on my motor, and since I redid my harness (again) I don't even have the wiring for it anymore. Shoot me an email and I will look into plugging the hold in the AAC where it lives tomorrow.

rico05@tamu.edu
#3 Old 03-25-2008, 07:51 AM

fluxhomemade is on a distinguished road
I'll take those a/c lines off your hands....Seriously
Sponsored Links
Advertisement