Nissan 240SX Forums banner

Get rid of my GSX for 240?

942 views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  sgp180sx 
#1 ·
hi im new to the board and im searching for 240s in sale in my area, im thinking about selling my modded GSX and get a 240. i really like how they look. but most importantly how they handle. i plan to do drifting/autox.........what you guys think about this? everyone is saying im retarded for selling my GSX just to get a 240. They are saying that drifting is just a fad. what do you guys think?

and yes i plan on hella modifying the 240.

#7 ·
im comtemplating what to do now. i really really want to get a 240. i want to have rwd and have alot of fun. i hate the fact that dsms are domestic and have such a huge turning radius, in order to do a U turn, i need to turn, then reverse, then finisht the turn, its getting real annoying.

i guess also i want a car i can start from scratch on and build it better. how do 240s compare to dsms?

#8 ·
c0de, it's kind of hard to compare the two. The 4G63 is an enormous power plant (IMHOP a bigger power planet than the KA and SR), however not always that reliabe. The 240 thus far has been reliable for me. AWD well it grips like a mother fucker, no worries about traction there. RWD handles great, until the ground is anything by dry.

But hey if you wanna do a trade + a little money on your DSM and my 240 hit me up with a PM, I'd possibly be interested.

On a side note, what have you done to your DSM? You say you want to start from scratch, how modded is your DSM?

#9 ·
I got a 95 GSX with 118k miles.

dejon tool 3" intake w/ k&n, 3" greddy exhaust, NGK sparks plus and NGK spark plug wirez, ALL free mods, Autometer boost & a/f &egt guages, HKS SSQV, dejon tool uicp, dejon tool S pipe, walbro 55hp lph pump, Joe P MBC (18psi), 14b

tokico illumina adjustable gas shocks, eibach sportline springs, rear strut bar. 17" Exel - Flash Gunmetal rims, Wrapped in 225/45/17 :-/ ..... aye it was a combo

G
#18 ·
c0degsx said:
how fast have 240 rb25det's run in the 1/4? i havent seen any times. and the sr20's ?
who cares what they run in the 1/4? You said you just wanted to drift and auto x. I have a 95gst eclit that used to have a super 20g turbo that i parted out so I could mod my 240. My 240 weights 1000lbs less than my gst and will soon have a lot more horsepower than my eclit after i get my sc61 put on it. I hated my eclit just because it was fwd though. If i would have had a gsx I might have wanted to keep it modded. I still want to get a awd 1st talon though, those are sweet. If you only want to drift and do autox then id get a 240 just cause I love haveing a rwd car now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.