Nissan 240SX Forums banner

Nismo Style seats... May be worth it now...

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  CapnNismo 
#1 ·
I talked to the owner of X3 racing today through e-mail. This is what I said to him:

I had heard that these "knock-off" Nismo seats are really cheaply made and that I should not buy them. I am apart of a 240sx forum and I found a post from a little while back to these exact seats. They said: "Thoes seats are so shitty." "Universal fit? Can go in a truck? They can not be that good, and probably a waste of $450."
Is there some way that you can assure me that these are good seats? If I don't like them, can you refund me for the shipping back to you? I just don't want to spend $450 on some shitty seats, even if they are that cheap... $450 for a college student is quite a bit =).

Then he replied:

Hey Brian, let start off by saying this, anyone who can talk down about
something they don't have is ignorant. I deal with a lot of forum groups
and thair members and I actually belong to a forum for Honda CRX's. It's
for this reason that I give all "forumers" a nice discount on anything
we have in stock. I don't make money off of them when I discount for
forumers but at least I know I helped somebody in the lifestyle out.
Here's what we'll do. I can't refund your shipping cost for the seats
but I can give you the discount. I'll offer you these seats for $370 for
the pair with shipping and handling that should be about $455 total at
your door. That's only $5 bucks more than the retail price without
shipping. Normally those seats with shipping go for $535. If you do the
math that's $80 you're saving right there, which is about the cost of
shipping anyways so it's like i just refunded the shipping cost anyways.
If you like them fine just promise to silence the ignorant. If you dont
like them then hey go on a rampage on your forum and say how much you hate us and that we suck. It's that easy. In the long run all you'll be
out if you don't like them is $5 dollars. But if you like them...... you'll be a very lucky individual that took me up on an offer he couldn't refuse .........and won.

My name is Robert and I'm at extension 12 I have nothing to hide and you can call me and order them if you like or just pass up this offer and
wonder if they might be nice even though "They said: "Thoes seats are so shitty." "Universal fit? Can go in a truck? They can not be that good, and probably a waste of $450.""
Hope to hear from you soon, and yeah you can post this on the forum too, so everyone will get an idea of what we offer for fellow enthusiasts. I will honor this offer to any forum member.

Link to the seats:

http://www.x3racing.com/product.asp?pid=RS-NISMO-BKCF

I just figured I would pass this along. I think that I am going to give them a try.

See less See more
#2 ·
sorry to burst your bubble but those universal seats on ebay are cheap! the quality of the seats are just so shitty. my friend bought some so called recaro copies and man the whole reclineing mechanism just "feels" cheap. just an advice do yourself a favor, just get one good seat one that you know is good quality. I recently was in your shoes a month ago and bought some buddy club seats. man those seats were worth the money, but seriously i would highly advise you not to get those seats

#3 ·
How come the geniuine Nismo not like file a lawsuit
against posers such as this? The real Nismo logo has a
different shaped S.

Anywho you prolly knew that. If you are serious about
comfort, especially if you are driving your car
competitively, you are way better off spending a few
extra bucks on nicer seats. Oh and for $450, you can
buy one Sparco/Recaro seat; who needs one for
passenger anywho?

#4 ·
Well I do need a passanger seat for my G/F... she would be mad if she had to sit in the shitty stocker.

And I was just letting everyone know what this guy said. I saw a post about them and it wasn't good, so I contacted him and he told me that and I posted it. I was thinking about getting them, but my buget doesn't allow for them right now.

#12 ·
Well do the math, you get what you pay for two seats for 450$. When a good Momo or Sparco will run you that for one? But that being said you're still spending 400ish dollars and should get a decent seat for that kind of money. It's not like paying a guy on a street corner $50 bucks for them.

MN240SX

#13 ·
If I dropped aftermarket seats into my 1990 240SX, would I have to get custom sliders or something? I read in an SCC that the driver's side has a giant hump in the floor or something and they had a problem mounting the seats on that side ... anyone had a problem with mounting seats on the first-gen 240SXs?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.