Nissan 240SX Forums banner

brake pads

539 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  skatanic28 
#1 ·
Well I was driving around and I noticed that there was some odd grinding type noise coming from the left rear of my car. Go over to a friends house and jack up the car. Look at the brakes and notice that compared to the pad on the rear right there is like absolutely no pad left on the rear right caliper.
Does anybody have any idea what might have caused this? It is odd because the right side pad is perfectly fine, but there is literally like no pad left on the left side. Is it really dangerous to drive like this? At least for a few miles or what not? I have a 95 SE btw.

#2 ·
the caliper might be siezed on one side, which is very bad. I would either have the caliper rebuilt or just buy a new one althogether because if it is siezed it could have catastrophic consequences

#3 ·
that or the previous owner somehow forgot to change one side of the brakes... or one side of the e-brake cable is stuck.... just giving out some possibilities...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.