Nissan 240SX Forums banner

Chevy 350 in a 240???

13K views 206 replies 44 participants last post by  hawaiian808z 
#1 ·
Hello my friends!
I know that this would be quite out of the ordinary but, I thought that if it coul dwork it would be great. My question is whether or not it would be possible to fit a chevy 350c.i. engine in a 240? Or even bigger would be better like a 454 or 409c.i. I was pretty sure that these engine would just be to big. I know that alot of guys will want to flame this thread because "domestics are crap" etc, etc. But I love how easy and cheap it is to make power with the chevy engines but, I love how sleek and sexy the 240's look. I am not necessarily trying to get in a magazine or win show awards. I just want to go fast as hell. I'm trying to break into the 10's or even high 9's. I know that with the "cheapness" of using a chevy engine and the lightness of the 240 it should not be to terribly hard. The biggest problem I can see is trying to get the dang engine in the bay.
P.S. When I say cheap I don't mean that it is hardly any money I just mean that it is usally cheaper and easier to make ponies with those engines then with the imported engines. The only reason I can find is that since these engines have been in America sine the 60's and 70's the aftermarket has had plenty of time to develop parts for them.

Just wanted to hear y'alls opinion. I do ask though that if all you are gonna say is "domestics are crap" and such and such. Please don't post I just wanted to know if anyone has done this or if it would even be possible.

Thanks as always!

See less See more
#202 ·
okie dokie.. i just read 9 pages of arguing on the morale of doing that swap.:eek4:...but no one really said anything about the actually swap....now heres and idea.... why is everyone sooooooo obssed with a ls1, 350 sbc carbed or a lt1 or sr.. when it comes to s swap.... now imagine this... a ford 302 with a 347 stroker kit........ 3 away from a 350.. allm block..all heads on a 302.. equal how much weight......:gaylaugh...........so its stroked to s 347...so its almost as good as a 350 .:happyfing now it revs well into the 7g and quickly cuz of its small nature... so you a broader power curve... now get a svt or cobra tranny and youve got your self a beast.....:happyfing not to mention.. i LOVE scaring little children while i drive around wal marts parking lot...im just looking out side the box.. o yah.. wanna noe how much i spent to build a 475hp 515lbstq 347 stroker....guesss...come on u can do it....and with quality to......$4564.39 i calculated the receits... now go get that tranyy out of that greasy haired guys (parents svt down the street and get a 302 bell housing and you let me know wats up.. plus the distributer is front mounted....no fire wall cutting YAY

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.