1989 Nissan 240SX KA24E Rebuild - Nissan 240SX Forums
General Tech For all General Questions about the 240SX.

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 Old 10-24-2006, 07:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
outback_2006 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
1989 Nissan 240SX KA24E Rebuild

Yes I have a 1989 Nissan 240 SX, with a KA24E Engine. I want rebuild it, and It has been Bored 30 over, and Has the 30 over pistons in it. I took the engine apart, to find a clicking noise that it was makeing, and it turns out it was a mainbearing. I'm going to have the crank turned, and make shure it's ok.The pistons seem to be in good shape, with only minor skuffing on the shirts of the pistons. I'm going to get it honed. I want to build it just alittle better than stock. So what kind of cam, and other parts to use. I dont want to go overboard, just a little extra. what about roller rockers, and the cam, does it need to be solide, lift, or hydrolic. And what about lifters/ valve springs. can I use the same valves, or do they need to be changed.

I looked thru the forum, but could not find what I'm needing to know.
Thanks for anyhelp Guys, or Lady's.
Well tried to insert a image, but it requires a url, sorry. I have 3 photos, of Piston scuffing, and I was wanting to know if it can be polished out? Realy dont want to buy new pistons. I'll e-mail the pictures, if someone would like to see the damage, and let me know if it's to bad to fix.

Last edited by outback_2006; 10-24-2006 at 08:46 PM. Reason: inserting image
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-24-2006, 08:03 PM

240fly The posts made by this user are trust worthy240fly The posts made by this user are trust worthy240fly The posts made by this user are trust worthy240fly The posts made by this user are trust worthy240fly The posts made by this user are trust worthy240fly The posts made by this user are trust worthy240fly The posts made by this user are trust worthy240fly The posts made by this user are trust worthy240fly The posts made by this user are trust worthy240fly The posts made by this user are trust worthy240fly The posts made by this user are trust worthy
Points: 2,147,509,316, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,509,316, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,509,316, Level: 100
Activity: 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
Get your can reground from various places like pdm. upgrade ur springs too. I don't think u need to upgrade yur valves
#3 Old 10-24-2006, 10:02 PM

outback_2006 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Well thanks, that was good to hear. But seems like I might need to go with a little bigger Cam, to up my power, or does getting it ground, do that, seems like the loabs need to be bigger right, to open the valves up more. But upgrading the springs, sounds right, for shure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement