Nissan 240SX Forums banner

stereo wiring diagram..

17K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  tufordee_essex 
#1 ·
anybody got the wiring diagram for the stock stereo harness? The previous owner of my car didn't leave a harness...just a bunch of wires all over the place..

#2 ·
tufordee_essex said:
anybody got the wiring diagram for the stock stereo harness? The previous owner of my car didn't leave a harness...just a bunch of wires all over the place..

ummm go to any best buy or audio shop and go ask them for the wire harness for the year of your 240sx( I assume that what you have.). And they will get one for you, and the whole package you need to do the install for your headunit, and mostly the whole thing is common sense hooking up the wires, color maytching :thumbsup

#3 ·
Dotz said:
ummm go to any best buy or audio shop and go ask them for the wire harness for the year of your 240sx( I assume that what you have.). And they will get one for you, and the whole package you need to do the install for your headunit, and mostly the whole thing is common sense hooking up the wires, color maytching :thumbsup

I kinda just wanted to know the color codes for each wire and what they component or wire they correspond to. Didn't wanna buy a harness...well, I guess I could just look at the harness and remember which goes where...hehe. Yeah, it's for a 240sx '90.

#7 ·
Dotz said:
yea there it is, basically common sense if you hooked up a headunit befo, its all the same shit :supercool

yeah, i just wanna make sure I got the color codes correct. Make sure I don't mix up the ignition/acc wire with the positive 12volt wire, or any speaker wire for that matter. I've installed decks before, no problem. I just wanted to know before hand so I can be in and out in a jiffy. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.