RPM's dropping, car dying - Nissan 240SX Forums
KA24DE & KA24E KA Chat from being N/A to KA-T to KA-R's.

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 Old 07-13-2010, 07:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ph0en1x is on a distinguished road
Points: 439, Level: 8 Points: 439, Level: 8 Points: 439, Level: 8
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
(Thread Starter)
RPM's dropping, car dying

didnt really know where else to turn, and since im a complete noob when it comes to cars (this is my first project) i figured id ask some of the pros around here and see what they think.

Keep in mind this is on an automatic

My 240, ever since i bought it, has had this problem of dying when you come to a complete stop after the engine has been warmed up for about 5 minutes. The rpms will drop from 800-200, and back up, repeatedly doing it, causing the car to shake violently until you can either give it gas, or it just dies. Also after driving for a few minutes it struggles to accelerate, and takes a long time to get high enough to shift.

Popping the car into neutral when slowing down usually keeps these things from happening (at least while stil in neutral), but it still threatens to die from time to time even in neutral. Running the air conditioner helps speed up the process of the car dying, which is a big problem here in texas.

Anywho, my CEL was on, tossing me a code for knock sensor and o2 sensor, both of which i have replaced since then and havent helped in stopping my problem.

Also, today i tried disconnecting my maf, and it actually makes it die even faster when in reverse or drive. Usually i can get down the road at least, without the maf hooked up, it wont even make it down the driveway. The maf looks clean and so does the rest of the intake, so im not sure what that means

Does anyone have any clue as to what could be causing this problem? im willing to try whatever you might suggest, i just want my car to drive normally for a change
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-14-2010, 01:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
meme2105 The posts made by this user are trust worthymeme2105 The posts made by this user are trust worthymeme2105 The posts made by this user are trust worthymeme2105 The posts made by this user are trust worthymeme2105 The posts made by this user are trust worthymeme2105 The posts made by this user are trust worthymeme2105 The posts made by this user are trust worthymeme2105 The posts made by this user are trust worthymeme2105 The posts made by this user are trust worthymeme2105 The posts made by this user are trust worthymeme2105 The posts made by this user are trust worthy
Points: 2,147,497,939, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,497,939, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,497,939, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
check for vac leaks.

my build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by unreal- Last Post
[unreal- likes this]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxfresh Last Post
Hahahahahahaha, trust meme... he knows
Sponsored Links
Advertisement