Nissan 240SX Forums banner

Horsepower gains from a header

12K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  Jacobfwdka 
#1 ·
What kind of horsepower gains could I expect with the addition of a header? Is it a noticeable difference? Just wondering what direction to go. Thanks.

#2 ·
I haven't heard of any significant gains w/ headers on a KA. I would suggest getting pulleys, a cold-air intake, maybe a JWT ecu, before getting new headers. Most people I know use HotShot headers on their KA b/c they get the best response out of them, but that's after they've done a lot of internal work on the block (pistons, rods, cams, etc)

#5 ·
raen419 said:
I haven't heard of any significant gains w/ headers on a KA. I would suggest getting pulleys, a cold-air intake, maybe a JWT ecu, before getting new headers. Most people I know use HotShot headers on their KA b/c they get the best response out of them, but that's after they've done a lot of internal work on the block (pistons, rods, cams, etc)
Since when would I get headers for my KA ? Maybe when it becomes a V series? :nono
~Chuck

#6 ·
LilChuck said:
Since when would I get headers for my KA ? Maybe when it becomes a V series? :nono
~Chuck
You got the point of what he was saying right? the don't get on him for saying headers. Don't roll in here with 11 posts critiquing someone else's terminology...who gives a ****...we all know it's one header, but we're so so particular cause we're are cool here.....and you can't get a header for you ka, since according to your profile you don't have one, unless you swapped it into your CAMARO.

lay off the smart-ass stuff, nobody likes it....

peace

#8 ·
uno said:
You got the point of what he was saying right? the don't get on him for saying headers. Don't roll in here with 11 posts critiquing someone else's terminology...who gives a ****...we all know it's one header, but we're so so particular cause we're are cool here.....and you can't get a header for you ka, since according to your profile you don't have one, unless you swapped it into your CAMARO.

lay off the smart-ass stuff, nobody likes it....

peace
It was just a joke. Sheesh.
~Chuck
And btw, I have a Camaro and an 240. The Camaro is quite fast may I add.

#9 · (Edited)
sweet i have a camaro also....89 iroc, 383 stroker, converted to carb, th350 transimission, 2600 stall convertor, 1000cfm carb....mine does alright .... :thumbsup

edit: what camaro do you have? camaros were my first love

#11 ·
It's all an illusion. It all depends on how well-designed the stock header was to begin with. Our GA16 Sentras were designed with economy in mind and our header is a port-sharing 2 to 1 pipe thing that dumps right into a cat. With a free-flowing 4-2-1 header we got around the likes of 10 hp across the band. I don't know much (yet) about the KA24 but I suppose one can deduce that if you don't gain much from a header install then the header was well-designed to begin with.

#13 ·
uno said:
sweet i have a camaro also....89 iroc, 383 stroker, converted to carb, th350 transimission, 2600 stall convertor, 1000cfm carb....mine does alright .... :thumbsup

edit: what camaro do you have? camaros were my first love
90 Camaro RS body.
350 block
bored .030
Keith Black 9.5 : 1 cr pistons
.510 lift cam
heads = 2.02 intake 1.60 exhaust.
converted to carb, no electronics what-so-ever
Holley 750 DP carb
Edelbrock Performer Intake
4.10 gears in the rear
3 inch custom exhaust

#14 ·
LilChuck said:
90 Camaro RS body.
350 block
bored .030
Keith Black 9.5 : 1 cr pistons
.510 lift cam
heads = 2.02 intake 1.60 exhaust.
converted to carb, no electronics what-so-ever
Holley 750 DP carb
Edelbrock Performer Intake
4.10 gears in the rear
3 inch custom exhaust
Oh yeah, 700R4 tranny with 2500 stahl.
It was my daily driver until I got my 240.

#15 ·
awesome.....next thing i think i'm throwin on mine is the ole pete jackson gear drive...hehe but i think we've hijacked this thread enough lil chuck....nice car....hollar at me sometime and we'll talk more bout the camaros....later

#16 ·
i had a nismo header on my 97 auto and the hp difference is noticable,mine felt much more responsive and really helped out up top,i felt as if i lost a little low end torque but the top end made it all worth it,they are probly even better on a 5 spd,its a googd 400.00 investment but well worth it,if you dont mind the extra noise,but it was all just music to my ears.

#17 ·
Fuck you guys with all the camaro stuff, Trans Ams RULE!!!!!! Besides my 240 of corse.

Reactions: Jacobfwdka
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.