The engine arrived on Wednesday as planned. Everything was very well packaged and it has some serious bling since it's all chrome. I am waiting on my Q45 Throttle Body, Turbo Manifold, and HKS SSQV before I can start putting everything together and dropping it in the car.
Here are some details on my car for those of you that haven't been keeping up on the other threads...
96 240SX SE - bought it new in 96!
Just pulled a broken RB20DET out of it and now I'm getting ready to drop in:
- RB25DET (under 35k original miles) - Rebuilt with Wiseco Pistons and accessories.
- Greddy 1.1mm Head gasket
- Greddy intake manifold
- Ported Headwork
- Mckinney Engine Mounts
- McKinney Driveshaft
- ACT Six Puck Clutch set
- Power Super V Belts
- Power Enterprise timing belt
- Koyo Radiator
- Samco Radiator hoses
- Dual flex-a-lite electric fans
- Cusco Oil catch tank
- HKS Wastegate w/dumpvalve
- HKS SSQV BOV
- GARRETT GT35R TURBO T4 FLANGE W/VBAND
- Apexi Power FC w/Commander
- DENSO 880CC INJECTERS
- STAINLESS STEEL LINES & ALL BLUE TUBING LINES
- HKS TURBO TIMER
- Infiniti Q45 Throttle Body 90mm
- SS Autochrome Turbo Manifold (temp.)
The vehicle already has:
- KYB GR-2 Dampers
- Eibach Pro kit
- Gram Lights (17x9 / 17x10)
- Kumho Radials
- Megan Racing turbo 4.5" exhaust
- Custom 3" engine back exhaust piping
- Megan Racing Front tension rods
- Megan Racing Rear upper control arms
- Megan Racing tension rod support bar
- Ebay el-cheapo FMIC with custom piping
- custom 1,750 watt rms stereo system with satellite radio =D
I'm probably going to start with around 400whp and tune my way up to 550whp so I don't wrap it around a tree my first week out on the road.
The Garret turbo is rated from 400hp - 600hp, so I think 550 is a reasonable goal given the engine has been rebuilt with forged pistons etc.
I was fortunate enough to buy a lot of this as a bundled deal from a guy on Ebay. I was about ready to rebuild my old RB20 when I saw an offer I couldn't pass up.
We plan on putting the engine in the car next weekend. I am going to take pictures and hopefully video tape the entire install, edit it down, and make a mini-documentary on how to do an RB25DET swap. I do a lot of video editing so it shouldn't be that big of a deal.
I'm currently looking into getting coilovers, a better FMIC, and possibly a Q45 rear end swap.
Oh, I have a 6pc 270R body kit that I'm debating on whether or not to install. I may just replace my damaged rear bumper with a factory model. The SE version of the car that I have came with some minor trim enhancements that aren't terrible. We'll see.
I'm excited about this build. It's literally my dream car.