Got a few questions for my rb25det.. - Nissan 240SX Forums
RB Tech Technical Race Bred Chat from the RB20 to RB25, All the way to the RB26 Godzilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 Old 10-16-2013, 02:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Euroz33 is on a distinguished road
Points: 2,612, Level: 31 Points: 2,612, Level: 31 Points: 2,612, Level: 31
Activity: 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%
(Thread Starter)
Got a few questions for my rb25det..

My goal is to push 4xx whp on my rb25det. I just got her and I've done compression test and each cylinder read exactly 150 , 3 tests and cold engine. Timing belt looks new & tight.
Previous owner told me he put new plugs , that was false i put new ACDelco RpdFire Plat/Spark Plug's and gapped to .8mm. Drained oil saw no metal shavings, flushed out engine and put Mobil Synthetic S 10W 40. Flushed out transmission fluid and filled up with Redline MT-90. I have a Q45 differential which i believe has 3.60 gearing, i also replaced fuild with Royal Purple. Axles are q45 previous owner said upgrading to 300zx ones would be better? True/false? .
So my drive train is pretty solid as it should be. I'm pushing 11psi w/ greddy boost controller & aem wideband air/fuel ratio showing pretty good results, and runs like a champ.
Engine is bone stock minus greddy intake manifold, q45 throttle body i believe, fmic, hks bov.
I've been reading up the holset hx35 turbo is a pretty good cheap upgrade and bolton but gotta do modification to header manifold but thats where i lack skills. Who carry's a affordable and reliable header mani for rb25 w/ t3 hookup?
I know i need to upgrade fuel, I'm think e85 but gotta do my research on that and sounds costy even tho its cheaper then 93 pump gas here in texas.. But as of right now im sticking to pump gas, I was hoping to purchase some bigger side feed injectors i know i've read up they suck but as of right now i want most bang for my $$. Otherwise buy a top fuel rail $300 + injectors $1200 = $1500 plus i still need a tune..

So my main questions are
Who carry a affordable & reliable header manifold?
Should i upgrade my q45 axles to 300zx ones?
What stand alone system is good and affordable?
With the header + hx35 + bigger injectors + boost up'd w/ tune make at least 4xxhp? I've tired looking up build threads but people have money unlike me..

I'm open to all suggestions and ideas!
Including suspension (Already have megan coils) everything else stock..

The previous owner also told me car has q45 brakes & rear brakes but no ebrake and missing a wheel lock so unable to remove rims to inspect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-18-2013, 09:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Radianation The posts made by this user are trust worthyRadianation The posts made by this user are trust worthyRadianation The posts made by this user are trust worthyRadianation The posts made by this user are trust worthyRadianation The posts made by this user are trust worthyRadianation The posts made by this user are trust worthyRadianation The posts made by this user are trust worthyRadianation The posts made by this user are trust worthyRadianation The posts made by this user are trust worthyRadianation The posts made by this user are trust worthyRadianation The posts made by this user are trust worthy
Points: 1,819,193,976, Level: 100 Points: 1,819,193,976, Level: 100 Points: 1,819,193,976, Level: 100
Activity: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
Quote:
Axles are q45 previous owner said upgrading to 300zx ones would be better? True/false? .
I am pretty sure you use the 300zx axle for the driver side and the q45 driver side axle on the passenger side for the Q45 differential swap in an S chassis. There is a good writeup talking about that swap here: Install Guide: Q45 Differential swap into 240SX subframe : 240SX Technical Forum

I have factory VLSD and R200 rear end so no hands on experience with that.

Quote:
q45 throttle body i believe
Easy to determine which one you have. If it has an adapter between the Greddy Intake that steps down in size then you have RB throttle body. If the TB is same size as the intake manifold then you have the larger Q45.

Quote:
What stand alone system is good and affordable?
I'm about to ditch my AEM EMS v1 because I'm tired of it being sketchy. =P If I buy another one I'm probably going with either AEM EMS v2 or Haltech.

Quote:
With the header + hx35 + bigger injectors + boost up'd w/ tune make at least 4xxhp?
Depends on how much boost you run. I think you need to be in the 17psi range for that with a good tune. You can do this on pump gas but if you go E85 then you really need bigger injectors and fuel pump.

Q45 brakes are ok but I would go 300zx brakes if you want 400whp. You can put an e-brake cable on there easily enough. Just get the ebrake drum assembly with 300zx rotors and you're good to go. R32 ebrake cable is long enough or you can just measure/make your own.

Megan Coilovers are not the greatest, but I use their other arms for suspension (ruca, toe, tension etc). I'd double check your subframe bushings. Those go quick on cars with lots of power if they haven't been replaced.

Original Owner 1996 S14 240sx SE RB25DET Built
YouTube.com/radianstiom
Instagram radianation
http://www.rad240sx.com/
#3 Old 10-20-2013, 10:55 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
supersayianjim2 is on a distinguished road
Points: 8,071, Level: 60 Points: 8,071, Level: 60 Points: 8,071, Level: 60
Activity: 48%
Activity: 48% Activity: 48% Activity: 48%
iam running a holset hx35 turbo on my stock manifold. and you can look in my build thread on how I made it work. just 2 t3 plates welded and you are good to go.

iam running a hx35w turbo upto 22psi. iam also running a nistune with a street tune that I tinkered with myself. the most affordable because you get the most value for just around 500 total. full adjustability minus the 2 step. iam liking it and recommend it.

I have q45 axels with a vlsd and not that much a difference thickness wise between the z32 ones. so just go with the q45 ones for ease.

-nissan s13 rb25det-350whp/308 tq- made on a shitty street tune
1994 sc400-1jz swapped hx40
1996 toyota corolla-mt5

"Technology is the only replacement for displacement."

-my rb build-http://www.240sxforums.com/forums/rb...ject-s-rb.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement