Nissan 240SX Forums banner

89 S13 Build Thread

7K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  Crazed hatch 
#1 ·
Hey guys, got a 89 s13. I picked it up from a guy who has done his fair share of hack jobs on this car. I've been cleaning things up a LOT on this car, but it still has a long way to go. Let me know what you guys think as I go.
Thanks!

#3 ·
Mounted the new intercooler last night. Took the front bumper out to mount it, and I'm debating whether I want to re install the bumper, or leave it out for more air flow.

Check out those badass brackets

Working on installing a GT35 turbo as well, along with 1200cc injectors (installed) Apexi Head gasket, ARP Head studs, RAS, New ACT 6 puck clutch, and a shit ton of other stuff too.
Heres a few pics

#4 ·
Theres the beast

Used the bar to support the engine up while I unbolted the transmission, and pulled it out yesterday. The clutch was shot

Nice clutch haha

Sending the flywheel in to be resurfaced. It's worn pretty deep. Gonna see how much they can take off to still be on the safe side, but at the same time I want to get it lightened up a bit.

#7 ·
I like the two tone coupes. Keep up the good work. I still don't know how people are getting the heads on with the arps installed first. Mine wouldn't clear the guide on the driver side with the height of the studs, but who knows. If you don't want to run the front bumper check out a company called Drift Armor. They make some slick bash bash to help protect your investment.

#9 ·
Update 7/18/2014
I have my pillar pod installed now, with my AFR,boost, and temp gauge installed. Wired into the ignition through a terminal strip I made.
Got a whole bunch of goodies coming too. All new turbonetics T bolts, new couplers, wiring specialties harness, turbo blanket, new down pipe coming, a rear window spoiler too, and got my ecu in the mail for nistune.
Things are coming along. I have my charge piping mocked up, just waiting on elbow coupler to confirm I have it mocked up right.

I'll take some pictures tomorrow of the progress, and hopefully get them on here.

#12 ·
Got a grommet installed for the power wire. Same as the firewall too, so the wire wont get chafed.

Clips holding wire out of the way nicely

Just a profile shot

Going to pick up my charge piping in a hour from the welder. Got it tig welded up nicely.
I ordered up a Tial Q Sport BOV yesterday, along with a F38 Tial Wastegate 38mm. Those should be here by tomorrow, and I will get it mocked up in place and figure out where I want the BOV to be installed.

I'll keep updating as I go. Things are happening right now, so should be plenty of updates. Thanks!

#14 ·
Put my rear window spoiler on today. Doesn't fit the best, so I don't know If I am going to keep it. Just on the left and right edge, it doesn't go all the way to the trim. Not sure what the plans are for that yet.

Another angle

Down pipe came today. 3" stainless pipe

Had the wrong flange so I made my own. Just have to drill the holes in the new flange. I cut off the flange from the down pipe's v band flange. So I will get the v band flange tig welded onto the flange I made

Heres the v band flange. The mounting flange is cut off here

Turbo blanket came today too

#23 ·
Thanks guys I appreciate it! I like to do the job right,thats just me. This winter I am going to be taking the engine and transmission out, along with all interior and doing body work and re painting the car from the inside out. The frame rails have some damage from rust, so I have new rails ordered and here already. (front section ones) So stay tuned for some updates starting this fall and winter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.