Nissan 240SX Forums banner

S14 ka24de turbo questions

4K views 15 replies 3 participants last post by  Scoot 
#1 ·
I just bought a '95 S14 with stock KA24DE. I was thinking of putting a turbo on it. I have read on this forum that to save money "you should put together your own turbo" instead of buying a "kit". I have not been able to find specifics on this subject. Can anyone give me details on this subject.

#2 ·
You can pretty much use alot of stuff made for SR's.
Main differences you'll need are Turbo Manifold, Oil & Coolant Lines.
Turbo, Intake, Intercooler can all come from an SR.
For the Intercooler you wanna make sure that the Cold Side to the Throttle Body is for an S13 due to the Angle of the Throttle Body being very similar between KA & S13 SR. S14 SR has a Throttle Body Placement Similar to an SOHC KA.
Injectors From/For an SR will fit.

#8 ·
Manifold has the possibility of Cracking, Turbo has the possibility of premature Damage due to quality.
Wastegate and BOV aren't the best but should work for the most part.
Just be ready to fix/change those 4 parts at anytime.
The piping and everything else is pretty much fool proof and should work.
No personal exp but from what I've seen this is what I've made of it.

#11 ·
I want to make my question more specific.

I am trying to figure out which turbo to use in my ka24de '95 240 sx daily driver.

I have googled and searched on this and other forums and have not found a solid answer. So I wanted to get the opinion of this forum (or scoot).

Thanks

#13 ·
I had the CXRacing T04E kit on my coupe (1993), I had to get all the welds on the exhaust manifold gone over again but if I am honest that's all the trouble I ever had. I believe it was a T3 turbo .63A/R and I was cracking the gate open (9lbs) at 36 - 3800 rpm. The CXRacing kit you will buy off the shelf will include a 5lb WG spring, The kit had 5k miles of abuse on it when I sold the coupe and I would spend the money again.

But..

Before you slap a slug on anything make sure your engine and driveline are up to the task.

Have fun with it.

#15 ·
Found this turbo for sale.

Think this would be to big or lagy for mainly street use? I am looking to go no higher than high 200s - 300 HP.

- 3" Inlet
- 2" Outlet
- Standard T3 Flange,
- 350 WHP
- Working Pressure: 5-20 PSI
- .50 A/R Compressor
- .63 A/R Turbine
- Compressor Wheel: 2.99" Exducer, 2.28" Inducer
Turbine Wheel Exducer: 2.20"
Inducer:2.40"
Hot Side 5 Bolt Standard Hot Side

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.