Nissan 240SX Forums banner

HELP: Rebuilding my SR , need place to buy parts !

1K views 41 replies 17 participants last post by  KB240SR 
#1 ·
well ive decided to rebuild my sr and i need a few parts and ive been looking everywhere and cant find em. Im looking for mostly OEM parts as in pistons, rings, bearings, rods, n stuff like that. A full gasket set, timing chain, fuel pump, water pump, yeah, the usual stuff for a good price. Any one know any stores online where i can find em? Thanks for the help

#3 ·
Phase2motortrend is the best place to get stock parts. The prices seem to be a little high but you can't really complain when you are getting completely new OEM parts that are for the SR. For some things Enjukuracing might be a little bit cheaper and the shipping might be less just depending on where in the US you are located.

#6 ·
i have been buying a massive number of parts from phase2motorsports.com

one thing i don't like about them, is that they require me to sign on arrival of the parts, but i'm never there when the mail lady comes >_>

she's actually suppoused to deliver my "intercooler turbo" spark plug cover today...

#8 ·
#10 ·
check us out at http://shop.hybridynamics.com

you will not find a price on there that is higher than phase2, enjuku, etc.

pretty much everything you need we have in stock. don't waste your money on the gasket set either. you really don't need most of the gaskets that come with it, because most of your gaskets are re-useable. Its cheaper just to buy the few things that come in the gasket set that you might want to replace, and use a metal headgasket instead of the stock garbage one that comes in the kit.

#12 ·
thanks for all the help fellas, but ive found some parts for pretty cheap.

Heres the prices i got them for:

Timing Chain Kit (comes with guide, tensioner, and chain ) $160 shipped
Engine Gasket Set - $205 Shipped
OEM pistons - $ 200 Shipped
Rings - $ 90 plus 10 for shipping

So now all i need is the bearings set, metal head gasket and water pump !

#14 ·
RuskeR said:
What would the total cost in parts be for a fresh rebuild?
it all depends on what you want to do to the engine. A full rebuild i dont know but in my case i got new pistons, rings, gasket set, timing chain, and the bearings and it cost me around 900 bucks. But remember its like having a brand new engine, no worries, no problems.

#20 ·
MisterWes_s13 said:
i dont think they are oversize. I got them from performancenissanparts.com, why?

just curious, i don't don't usually see the point in replacing pistons with new ones unless you go to the oversized ones. if your pistons are in bad enough shape to need replaced i would think the bores would be in bad shape too.

#22 ·
Hybridynamics said:
check us out at http://shop.hybridynamics.com

you will not find a price on there that is higher than phase2, enjuku, etc.

pretty much everything you need we have in stock. don't waste your money on the gasket set either. you really don't need most of the gaskets that come with it, because most of your gaskets are re-useable. Its cheaper just to buy the few things that come in the gasket set that you might want to replace, and use a metal headgasket instead of the stock garbage one that comes in the kit.

Deff going to be ordering from you soon, your the only place i could find rings and nissan bearings without having to go through nissan.

#23 ·
boarder5516 said:
Deff going to be ordering from you soon, your the only place i could find rings and nissan bearings without having to go through nissan.
I already told you... email Matt from www.importintelligence.com.

I paid 130-140 for rods and mains from him. Great guy to deal with and will answer all your questions. :smacked49

#25 ·
Hybridynamics said:
just curious, i don't don't usually see the point in replacing pistons with new ones unless you go to the oversized ones. if your pistons are in bad enough shape to need replaced i would think the bores would be in bad shape too.

alright so if you make the oversized pistons for $50 each then ill buy them from you. FRSport.com has them for $50 so ill buy them from you if you can match that price. Let me know

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.