Nissan 240SX Forums banner

D2 RS Coilovers vs Megan Street Coilovers Help Me Decide

8K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  carps13guy 
#1 ·
I have been researching both and my conclusion is the following:

1. Megan $820 ,D2s $695!(with better adjustability)

2. I was told that D2s are better because the height and load can be adjusted independent of each other,this is apparently is better because it allows for proper shock travel even when the car is real low and maintain the spring rates . I don't know if megan's have this adjustability?

3. I think I was also told that D2 are nitrogen filled, not oil type, whick I think make the D2 stiffer as I have heard.

I believe both are made in Taiwan so that is really not a determinant.

So D2s are cheaper and better adjustabilities, which I am leaning towards D2s.

Please me decide and let me know IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THESE, LET ME KNOW WHICH SETTING AND HEIGHT YOU LIKE TO USE SO WHEN I GET MINE I ALREADY KNOW WHAT SETTING TO INSTALL THEM AND GET IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME.

This Will Officially be my first Mod.

Thanks.

Daniel

See less See more
#5 ·
impatient. maybe but i really dont want to put too much money into the car. thats what i always say but if the megans are dual then i would rather go with those. that way im gonna order megan coilovers, motor mounts and short shifter.
anyone with megan coilovers please let me what setting and height you have them on for street use on an s13

#7 ·
ur prob on a tight budget like i am, but i would save up a lil longer and get something better. spl (kts) coilovers have 15way adj. shocks, and are both spring compression and height adjustable. the main points i really like them for are: the shock body is steel to prevent warpage from street use like aluminum does, the shocks have been dyno'd and fine tuned to achieve max predictability, the adj. threads are not fine thread and wont get messed up over time like most coilovers with fine threads do, and if you want to put a 300z rear nuckle on your car in the future they offer the adaptable bottom mounts for about 100 bucks. and you can buy shocks individually if you blow one of em in the future. for 1125 shipped to your door id say they are way more worth it than the megans or d2. check em out for yourself splparts.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.