Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
jigga1boy is on a distinguished road
Points: 3,216, Level: 35 Points: 3,216, Level: 35 Points: 3,216, Level: 35
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
(Thread Starter)
New owner New problem

Greetings everyone, Just would like to say i recently joined the 240 family.
93 fastback, ka stock motor, some after market intake,and a bunch of here and theres but I would like to bother some of you for another problem i have with the car

ALot of rush on this car, I just planned on making it my daily/ drift car for fun. It was my birthday 2 days ago so i decided to buy myself a little present. anyways the motors strong, missing a spark plug cover, the idle jumps up very little up on down. from 850ish-930ish. you can see the needle moving up and down by a millimeter or so.

The timing belt is a bit worn , I will replace that soon. I am assuming its the belt thats inside the motor thats lose and might be clicking the top of the motor roof. Any idea what that belt is called guys? and how much it would cost for the part, and to replace?

second question is my major question. I lifted the car on at the shop. the ever so smart mechanics said that my outer tire rods needs to be replaced immediatly because the front left wheel has a little free play. they said that the wheel can just pop right off at anytime.

They also mentioned that my right needs to be replaced too, and also that my left control arm needs to be replaced.

How much do these parts cost guys? the guy was trying to charge me like 30-40ish per outter tire rod and about 80 for the control arm. 40 per item labor so like 250 total.

whats the cost for these items? is it worth replacing these with stock used? or should i just replace the whole suspention out??? how much would that cost?

Oh my, I am going to get the bithing from you guys, I already see it coming. I must of asked like 800 questions in one sentence. Sorry guys its just requires my immediate attention because I am afraid that the wheel my fall off on me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-02-2009, 03:26 AM
240-kid

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Scoot The posts made by this user are trust worthyScoot The posts made by this user are trust worthyScoot The posts made by this user are trust worthyScoot The posts made by this user are trust worthyScoot The posts made by this user are trust worthyScoot The posts made by this user are trust worthyScoot The posts made by this user are trust worthyScoot The posts made by this user are trust worthyScoot The posts made by this user are trust worthyScoot The posts made by this user are trust worthyScoot The posts made by this user are trust worthy
Points: 2,147,755,554, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,755,554, Level: 100 Points: 2,147,755,554, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
http://www.240sxforums.com/forums/be...eeds-read.html

http://www.240sxforums.com/forums/be...es-us-104.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Forum Slut...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread