Nissan 240SX Forums banner

***All Newbs Pls Look HERE***

55K views 169 replies 120 participants last post by  RikRong 
#1 ·
Due to security issues with spam bots I have disabled ALL New accounts to posting New threads.

Pls use the sticky thread at the top OR this thread to introduce your selves and to verify you are a real person.

Sorry for the inconvenience but to prevent further spamming this is how we are doing it. Out development team is working on a update for the security/captcha system and will be returned back to normal after doing so.

If you have not read any of the other sticky threads I suggest you do so to familiarize yourself with this forum and how forums work in general.

After meeting the minimum requirements of posts and days registered you will be granted full access to the rest of the forum.

Any questions can be posted in here or you can PM.

We the staff here at 240SXForuns.com thank you for your cooperation and apologize for the inconvenience.

Welcome and Enjoy your stay!
:big_grin:

See less See more
#8 ·
whats up guys and girls new here. Had a question about my s13 hatch. Guessing my fuel pump is on its last leg whistles like a dog whistle while primming. A guy at work told me A fuel pump is not suppose to whistle. starts up fine just recently started hesitating at about 40 mph. And wouldn't start at a gas station and would restart after about 5 min and foot on gas like a carbonated car. He also said once it warms up or runs for a while it could shut off. In which it means its on its way out.

#12 ·
1989 240SX for sale

Saw this forum-have used forum before for My interests-Kawasakis, atvs and such. Im a 53yr old guy-my son is into Japanese cars. He owns a Evo 2008? I think. We have a unique 240, unfortunately its an automatic for sale. VERY original, in that 80% paint, is the Nissan paint. We have the window sticker and owners papers with it. Build date is 1 89. Rear quarter was repainted years ago and was a quality repair-its straight and rust free as is much of the car.

Car has virtually no rust-a little under the spoiler, and a few bubbles on a piece of window trim. Frame, rockers, floorboards are rust free. Car is super straight, but needs to be repainted. We purchased it last summer, and enjoyed working on it but its time for it to move on. It is a perfect candidate for a swap due to originality and condition. All glass, panels and interior are in amazing shape for a 27yr old car. Its completely driveable, engine smokes a little-its the orig ka24e. Title clear. Jake leg we bought car from (in the nick of time) removed the underhood ac components-but we have restored all other items to working condition, including seat belts, stereo. all gauges and other small items. 155k orig miles.

We will post car soon to ebay-any interest in car please direct inquiries to my email through this site. thanks

#13 ·
my first post

I just joined this forum, though I've had my 90 240SX since 9/92. 240k miles and still going strong, at least until the engine started bogging on me between idle and 2500 rpm after warming up. I read through the bogging thread and noticed others have had my same issue over the years, but cant seem to find any posted solutions.

My ECU error code says its the temp sensor. I checked the sensor and it works fine. I checked the continuity of the harness and the signal line is open. when I check the resistance across the signal and common lines at the ECU interface, I get a constant value that is the same as a cold sensor reading. so, once the engine warms up, the ECU thinks the temp sensor still says its cold.

The ECU has a fail safe mode if the temp sensor readings are off scale high or low, but mine is on scale, and it doesn't change. does anyone out there think this could be my problem? I am hesitant to dig into the harness because it is literally a rats nest, but that is looking like my next step.

Thoughts.

#16 ·
New here - look for cigarette lighter help on a 1994 240sx

Hey guys, new here. I recently bought a 1994 240sx and want to use the cigarette lighter as a charger but it isn't working. My guess is the fuse is blown, but I don't have the manual for the car and can't locate the fuse under the hood (there is no CIG fuse labeled).

Any help would be great!

#17 ·
That fuse will be under the driver side dash board in the kick panel. Check them all. I believe that fuse is tied in with the dome and or gauge cluster lights. If all the fuses are good and still no power I would pull the center cosole off very carefully not to break the shifter/radio trim and check the socket plug/socket.

#20 ·
Hey, due to a series of a couple unfortunate events, I've lost my old handle, I had changed my home internet set up about the time this forum changed some things, so I'm trying to start again using a slightly different handle, so I'm formerly known as Bad Mammajamma.
If you could PM me and verify some info I might be able to get you back on your old account if that's something your interested in?

#21 ·
You have 2 options.
A full rebuild.
Or
A motor swap.

But swapping in another motor you never know 100% The mileage or history of it no matter what the person you buy it from tells you. Its always a gamble unless it's someone you know is trust worthy.

What have you done to verify its seized?

#27 ·
Hey, I'm new to this group. I was curious as to whether the webpage is still used at all? most posts seem like 12 years old or older! I recently purchased my first 240sx. It is a 1990 hatch. Thank goodness it's in immaculate shape for its age! I do have one issue that I would like to research specifically and that is the heat in the car. The car blows air at all settings however, it is not very warm at all which is concerning to me because I live in Canada and it's freakin cold out!!! anyway, if you could point me in the right direction it would be VERY helpful. I also plan on swapping my KA24E to a CA18DET and I was curious as to whether or not there are any forums relating to the topic? Thanks in advance!

#28 ·
Try burping the coolant system. You could have an air bubble. If that checks out, move on to next.

Make sure you have a thermostat in it. That will cause it not to get up to temp/not blow hot air.

If that is good, your core could be plugged.

#30 ·
MidnightBlue240

Hi guys, im not necessary new here because I have only posted once, but I want to ask some questions but can't start one because it has been disabled till I introduce myself, Here I am I have a 1990 Single Cam 240sx it's been in the family for 8 years and It's not the most perfect one since it has rust in the drivers frame rail (Typical 240sx in the east) but I plan on restoring it and keeping it in the family saving a 240 after all no matter what the money is spent fixing it, Money can't buy history and memories so selling it would be a big no no. By the way nice to meet everyone :laugh::big_grin:

#33 ·
Hello! I'm Sallye, been wanting to move to a rwd platform since I moved out of the land of snow and salt (NY) to Clemson. Currently taking a year off from classes to intern and found an '89 (RB20 swapped) at the right price. Isn't running currently, but it should be a fun challenge to get 'im going.

Any recommendations for other forums to join regarding the RB20? I know that isn't exactly the popular swap choice here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.