Nissan 240SX Forums banner

New owner

6K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  ArinStein 
#1 ·
Not sure if it is even worth posting or how active this forum is... but I just picked up a s14.5 (supposedly) for cheap with a salvage title and unknown motor condition. I bought some parts and lots of fluids and changed everything out, got it to turn over after a little bit of struggle from the engine, but it runs! It smokes a bit but I need to investigate that issue. The body is alright but definitely needs some attention, this will be a long project making the car look nice and running even nicer. My plans, as of right now, are to build the car for NASA HPDE racing and seeing how fun that is (It looked like a lot of fun from the stands when I was watching). For a motor I am thinking an LS with some simple mods to keep it reliable, until I decide I need more power. Coming from the Mazdaspeed3 platform I don't know what to do with all the options of parts to browse through lol. I nicknamed my car "trash panda" because of it's current condition.

About me: I'm Cody located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. I work in IT, other hobbies include video games and camping/fishing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.