Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thought i posted on here, guess not...here's our off-season build, getting ready for drift nirvana next weekend!

yay!

thanks to ankur champaneri for the pics!

the cage is what george calls his final masterpiece.

paint.

1jz-gte & r154 transmission from a jza70 supra. single turbo to come.

shifter extension.

almost there!

painted the cage.

got a new hood. a super duper jdm vented carbon hood!

started the wiring.

intercooler and some other engine mods.

added the hood, exhaust, and some other prettiness.

anyone wanna trade for a green one??

first event!

5 lug and gram lights 57d wheels...

i added some bling too...circuit sports coolant tank, just ran out of hose though =)

more on the blog!

thanks!

- sal

·
Registered
7,382 Posts
Sexy car man. I wish I lived near you guys so I could come see this thing in action.

·
Registered
7,382 Posts
Ziptie bandaids FTW

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
sick car, and yea the cleanest 1jz swap ever... plus love the rims!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well there's a TON of coverage from the clubloose weekend killer a couple weeks ago. i only made the saturday runnings and ended up tearing a rad hose so i'm looking forward to the clubloose east coast bash on may 30 & 31.

there's a bunch of great videos from the entire weekend on the blog: Video | powerzamcam | bloglife

i also have a fire system to install and you'll notice i cut the exhaust tip (not for the haters but i don't want to damage the turbo/manifold if i rub the wall =p)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks! nothing is easier than the sr swap, we did one RB and it went pretty smooth...for the 1j, we eliminated most of the chassis harness and ran everything as one group so it took longer. there aren't many sources, just FSMs but it worked first try. we also had most of the original jdm supra chassis harness which was nice.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what a year! i accomplished the single goal i had one year ago which was to drive to and from the track for nearly every event spending minimal cash (no trailer or hotel). thanks to clubloose opening the etown track every month and george's amazing work on the car, that was possible and this turned into the best drifting season ever! we also met some awesome people that i look forward to seeing next year, even had the pleasure of crashing with one, check out the left rear quarter =D. i patched the rear bumper up with some left over front bumper parts haha. funny thing is the last event i broke a stud and destroyed the rest of the front, also the stock twins are pretty much done so maybe that'll be all for the off-season, check the blog for winter rebuilds. well thanks to everyone for a great year! here are some pics from 2009...full gallery on flickr:

most pics are from ankur, unless watermarked...

two of my favorite shots and a few stills in larger size =)

til next year!!

- sal

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
2010's been a boring car year, but exciting life year...my girl and i bought a place in march so i told myself driving would be OFF this season...yea, that didn't happen. besides switching back to popups, east coast bash was super fun, and should tide me over until the fall, even though wrecked moves is tomorrow...booo

well...if anyone has an aftermarket front bumper, used or whatever, hit me up and i'll be glad to purchase it from you.

thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
not bad!! it looks nice! great choice of colors pretty sexy. and ur a winner if u manage to rip off ur bumper it only makes u a LICENSED ZIPTIE MECHANIC!!LOL cute ^^

1 - 17 of 17 Posts