Nissan 240SX Forums banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
240-kid
47,143 Posts
I'm open to suggestions.
But it seems like I'm the only one around besides the server owners that make updates every now and then.

·
Super Moderator
1,960 Posts
I was thinking of making a thread where members can post up any and all social media usernames. I am kinda worried about their privacy so it would need to be accessible to members with like 10 or more posts (similiar to the marketplace) so random bots cant get this info

I'm also down to start something of a forum store. T shirts, Keychains, signature 240sxforum vape juice i dont care

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Places. Live in Philly now. Still have my 240. Its a lot different now, basically a drift car only at this point. I do most of my 240sx interactions on Facebook groups anymore.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Places. Live in Philly now. Still have my 240. Its a lot different now, basically a drift car only at this point. I do most of my 240sx interactions on Facebook groups anymore.
That's not surprising, but I can't stand S Chassis or 240sx Owners Club. Bunch of fricken' half wits in there.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I hear ya. That is just a result of it being social media. Still I like the quickness of responses, and like forums, you know who knows their shit and who doesn't.

I also like to be able to give my part sellers a background check before sending them my money.:big_grin:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I hear ya. That is just a result of it being social media. Still I like the quickness of responses, and like forums, you know who knows their shit and who doesn't.

I also like to be able to give my part sellers a background check before sending them my money.:big_grin:
The quickness of responses to legit questions is usually slow for me. You always get the "Google it" answer and that s#it is annoying. Usually my questions are very detailed and intricate. I google the s#it out of stuff before resorting to asking.

·
GnarKiller
5,117 Posts
The filter that I used made the grill look more gray than it really is. It looks more black in real life. Here is a raw pic to compare:

This front end really grew on me. I wasn't sure if I liked it at first (because at some angles you can see the front bumper behind the honey comb grill), but I like it more and more everyday..... or at least until I swap it out for a RCF. Soon my friends... Soon.

Notes: The fitment from Stillen was tight, but spot on. I usually don't trust aftermarket aero, but it felt like factory fitment.

·
GnarKiller
5,117 Posts
Sorry for spamming pictures of my daily, but it's been the most exciting/only vehicle upgrade since my tires.

On a side note, I picked up a LSx-S chassis intake and spare axles today from a local. I couldn't pass up the deal and hopefully this will encourage me to finish my car.

Question: The guy wasn't running a MAFS on his LS1 setup tuned with HP Tuners. I wasn't aware that you could run the engine using only MAP and no MAFS and this is interesting. MAFS are always a pain and less points of failure is always nice. I'm obviously keeping the IAT and other required sensors, but are there any drawbacks/negatives from running straight MAP and turning the MAFS off in HP Tuners? Any input from a similar GM setup or any engine that requires MAFS and was converted to MAP?

Thanks in advance and happy holidays!

·
GnarKiller
5,117 Posts
Edit: On my phone and came revise my previous post. It sounds like tuning with both is optimal but MAFS can be more accurate and MAP is easier and more straight forward with tuning.

Any personal experience is greatly appreciated in this off topic random banter thread.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I wish I could be of help, but I have not had the enjoyment of tuning yet.

·
240-kid
47,143 Posts
I don't have personal experience with LS motors but I've got a decent amount of Honda MAP tuning under me and I must say. Disabling the MAF on the 8th gen Civic Si and tuning off MAP only is the best thing you can do off the batt. MAF is more precise yes, but the ease of tuning MAP only is enough to keep me away from MAF. MAF can be very finicky at times and is very irritating IMO. A lot of cars that go from MAF to MAP report much smoother operation.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts