Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Ive seen this before... I think thats a V6 since F1 specs changed or something?

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
I haven't seen those ones before but I have seen a similar video with a Porsche Twin Turbo with glowing hot manifolds/turbos it's fucking crazy! When I find the link I will post it!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Shwag said:
Ive seen this before... I think thats a V6 since F1 specs changed or something?
its a 2.4L V8 , the old motors were 3.0L V10's

http://www.cosworth.com/news_detail.php?id=34&PHPSESSID=11555467977c309a8a5722f7d4c46fce

Old Spec's
TJ2005 Series 10 Specification

Configuration: V10
Vee angle: 90
Number of valves: 40
Capacity: 2998cc
Maximum engine speed: 18,300rpm
Construction: Aluminium cylinder block and heads, cast in Cosworth’s own foundry. Aluminium alloy pistons, steel crankshaft
Engine Electronics: Pi/Cosworth
Spark Plugs: Champion
Weight: 94kg including ballast

Dimensions:

Length: 589mm
Width: 538mm
Height: 454mm

·
Registered
694 Posts
jesus, im surprised the motor can even rev back down safely without stalling, my god, it revs like in .5 secs, then falls just as fast.. im guessing just about zero drive trainloss there...

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
the first one was definitly a repost but the second one...oh my:heyhey why would the manifolds glow red like that when its idling? i can understand if its on a dyno under load or high reving for a long period of time but i mean at idle?

·
Registered
61 Posts
well most of the time a formula 1 car is moving. very fast at that. if you noticed the radiators are in front of the headers. atleast thats what i think

·
240-kid
47,144 Posts
I've seen both from months ago but till this day I still watch it once a week :D

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
oh my god! my rotary revvs so slow compared to that... my redline is their idle and my flames are weaker... thats the first time ever that i have said all those in one statement. the only thing my motor has in common is that my header gets that red that fast... pure awesomeness

·
Registered
512 Posts
I've seen both o fthose a long time ago too... But damn... make sme wish I coudl own an engine like that in my s13.There would be absolutly no good reason for me to have it except to kill myself. lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts