Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just got my first car. its a 91 240sx hatch with a ka24 and i have a little problem, i undid the climate control skrews because they werent doing anything and it turns out it just wasnt plugged in. so i plugged it in and now it turns on the air but it doesnt feel like anything is coming out at all, and when i put it to 4 the car shakes a little while not driving(havent tried while driving). it sounds like its trying to work but nothings coming out. could it be the coolant? i think i have little to no coolant in right now. or is it something else?:gc-noob:

·
Registered
59 Posts
You mean refrigerant? Does more air seem to come out when you switch the temperature to warm? It could be a bad blower motor or blocked passageways. My guess is whoever had it before had it like that for a reason.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No air comes out at all when I turn it up it seems to at least try to blow harder but doesn't. How do I check the refrigerant? I'm new to 240s and working on cars in general

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Ok so it blows air just not cold? Then take it to a shop for an ac check. The system uses r12 that requires a license to service. If it's not blowing air check fuses, blower motor, and resistor.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yea somethings cogging it if its not blowing any ambient air or your blower motor could have something wrong with it, but check what ziga said first. You cant check the refrigerant level yourself unless you have the proper machine, im guessing you still have the stock r12 refrigerant which is pretty hard to find a place that will have the propper equipment (atleast where i live).

Id check the inlet first and if not check behind the dash....but its a pain to do so. Also theres a f.s.m. you should search for to see where all the parts are located, juss dont check your ac refregerant youself, you could sufficate if you breath it in, have a shop do it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wouldn't fix anything myself if I were you. I would contact the service. I just had something like this many yars ago. The air conditioner in my car broke down and I wanted to contact some service. I told a friend about it, he started to dissuade me from going to the service and said that he would fix everything himself. In the end, he broke it even more. As an apology, he recommended good A/C repair services. He said that his mother-in-law was fixing her air conditioner there and was very happy with their work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts