Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Automotive Lighting Experts
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
240SX Footwell LED Kit! RGBW Multicolor & Single color options! Control w/Smartphone!

Looking to add a little color to your s chassis' interior? Diode Dynamics' RGBW Multicolor Footwell LED kits are the way to do it! By adding Diode Dynamics' LED strips under your dash, you can add RGBW color-changing ability to your 240sx's footwell area.

This kit is not just RGB, it is RGBW! That means there is an extra integrated LED chip that is specifically white in color, right next to the standard red, green, and blue LEDs. By using an RGBW controller, you can activate and control the white chip independently of the colors. This provides a much more uniform, pure, and bright white color than the traditional method of combining all RGB signals.

Our Bluetooth Controller will allow you to choose any color under the sun, including True White, directly from your phone! Our mobile app includes a wide variety of features including strobe and fade effects, preset colors, Camera Match, Music Sync, and much more. Our controller will also allow you to adjust the brightness of the LED strips. Any time you power up your strips, they will default to the last color that was previously selected.

These LED strips in this kit are highly flexible and waterproof. They feature high-density LEDs chips for brighter output and barrel-style M8 connectors for a secure connection.

Included in the 2-Piece Kit:

• Two (2) 50cm RGBW SMD30 Strips
  • One (1) wiring harness (4-foot)
  • Two (2) quick splices
  • One (1) red LED toggle switch
  • One (1) DC-to-DT adapter
  • Four (4) zip-ties
  • One (1) 3M outdoor adhesive pad
Included in the 4-Piece Kit:

• Four (4) 50cm RGBW SMD30 Strips
  • One (1) wiring harness (4-foot)
  • Two (2) quick splices
  • One (1) red LED toggle switch
  • One (1) DC-to-DT adapter
  • Eight (8) zip-ties
  • Two (2) 3M outdoor adhesive pads
  • Two (2) RGBW M8 extension wires

The 2-piece kit includes everything you need to install LED strips in the front footwell area on both the driver and passenger sides of your vehicle. The 4-piece kit includes everything you need to install LED strips in the front and rear footwell areas on both the driver and passenger sides of your vehicle. This kit is very universal in nature and can be tapped into any 12V power source that you would like when installing.

Any questions email us at [email protected] or call: (314) 205-3033

PM us for the free-shipping code (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks!
Collin O.

·
Premium Member
47,146 Posts
I'm sure it could tap into any switched power source considering they're low power consumption LEDs.

·
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
You can tap into any constant 12v source, and wire a switch in to turn it on and off as you choose.

We will be making an S14 specific installation video at some point this summer. (I have to start working on my interior first!)

Nick C.

·
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool stuff,

I am picking up a New used car soon and may have to hit you guys up for some Int Lights.

Jeff
Sounds good Jeff, we can definitely help you find replacements.

If you are looking for interior upgrades for your Kouki, let me know :big_grin:

Nick C.

·
Premium Member
47,146 Posts
What's the brightest 31mm Festoon LED you guys make.
Right meow I have a 12-5360 Drop-in cheapo one but I know eventually due to low quality it'll go on the blink.
I like the drop in one's as oppose to the boards with pigtails and adapters.

·
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What's the brightest 31mm Festoon LED you guys make.
Right meow I have a 12-5360 Drop-in cheapo one but I know eventually due to low quality it'll go on the blink.
I like the drop in one's as oppose to the boards with pigtails and adapters.
The 31mm SMF6 here on this page is 100% plug and play: 31mm Festoon - Bulbs By Size - Lighting

I have the SMD12 Board in my S14 and it's plenty bright IMO

Send us a PM for the U.S. free shipping code

Thanks!
Nick C.

·
Premium Member
47,146 Posts
Oh. I have another question.
Do you have a 31mm LED that has I guess you could say the "Light Out Resistor"?
My EG seems to only like the LEDs with the resistor or it'll "Glow" when the doors are closed on the door setting.
When switching to off its off.

I'm not worried out it killing the battery, just sometimes it's a tad irritating? For lack of better words.

·
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh. I have another question.
Do you have a 31mm LED that has I guess you could say the "Light Out Resistor"?
My EG seems to only like the LEDs with the resistor or it'll "Glow" when the doors are closed on the door setting.
When switching to off its off.

I'm not worried out it killing the battery, just sometimes it's a tad irritating? For lack of better words.
I understand what you are saying, with the slight glow they have even when off.

Some of our newer bulb models, like the HP's have a slight amount of resistance so they don't glow when off. However, our current 31mm festoon offerings don't (yet).

It's explained here in our research section: LED - Research

I haven't personally noticed it in my S14, but they do have this effect in my 2007 Mustang GT.

Feel free to give us a call if you need more information: (314) 205-3033

Nick C.

·
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks dope some simple white less would look nice. Or any color. Might buy some soon
The good thing about the multicolor kit, is that you can always leave it on white, and still be able to dim it and use the show-settings

Nick C.

·
Registered
61 Posts
You said you'd have S14 installation video this summer? And it seems like in some of your pics that the light just stops half way in the foot well and doesn't cover the whole floor. Is there a way to fix this or they didn't set it up right? Whats with the different controllers Little confused? Dou you have any sales or discounts? Sorry for all the questions, also lol.. the Multicolor 5050 SMD Angel Eye Rings (pair) seem a little undefined they seem liek they flood with light. I'm quite interested in your product.

·
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You said you'd have S14 installation video this summer? And it seems like in some of your pics that the light just stops half way in the foot well and doesn't cover the whole floor. Is there a way to fix this or they didn't set it up right? Whats with the different controllers Little confused? Dou you have any sales or discounts? Sorry for all the questions, also lol.. the Multicolor 5050 SMD Angel Eye Rings (pair) seem a little undefined they seem liek they flood with light. I'm quite interested in your product.
I have an S14, and we may install a footwell kit in it at some point and make an installation video in the process. They are very easy to install, and the perfect amount of brightness IMO. The video will be similar to this Fiat 500 one that we did

The multicolor kits have adjustable brightness, and will definitely provide plenty of light in the footwell area.

We offer free-shipping for U.S. forum members

I'm not quite sure what you are asking about the angel eyes, but feel free to give us a call and we can answer all of your questions: (314) 205-3033

Thanks!
Nick C.

·
Premium Member
47,146 Posts
Hey Nick, did you guys discontinue your HP5 194/168's?
I notice they're not listed anymore.

·
Premium Member
47,146 Posts
Oh. LMAO.
Guess I'll be waiting to snag a few a those.

Also I was wondering, do the HP3/5 194 use the same 5730 LEDs that the HP36 921's use?
I was just wondering because the 194's have what looks like a diffuser.
But I'm assuming the 921's don't have a diffuser due to its size?

·
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The 921 do not have a diffuser because of the size, yes, but also because they output light in all directions quite evenly.

The HP3 and HP5's use 2323 LEDs

Nick C.

·
Premium Member
47,146 Posts
Hmmm.
Ok. I ask because I just picked up an FA5 (See you guys on 8th too) and the Reverse lights are clear and I'm personally not too fond of seeing the "guts" so to speak but I suppose just about all LEDs of that size/nature don't have a diffuser.

·
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hmmm.
Ok. I ask because I just picked up an FA5 (See you guys on 8th too) and the Reverse lights are clear and I'm personally not too fond of seeing the "guts" so to speak but I suppose just about all LEDs of that size/nature don't have a diffuser.
Our HP and XP bulb models were designed to be as bright as possible, and to have a nice appearance in the housing when off:

The aluminum heat shrink blends with the reflective housings quite well IMO

Nick C.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts