Nissan 240SX Forums banner

Should the 240sx be considered a sports car or a sport compact?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This makes me a little angry. I got into an argument with my friend over weather or not the 240sx is a sports car or a sport compact. turns out he was right, it was a sport compact. I was reading up on all the other cars that were consider sport compact and it was shit like the civic, integra, eclipse, subrau sti, etc.... Then I looked up sports cars and it included the s2000, corvette, audi tt, 350z, rx8, and even the damn miata. The 240sx is rear wheel drive therefore it shouldn't be considered a sport compact and should be considered a sports car.

Whats your vote???

·
Registered
14,761 Posts
I, for one, won't bitch. Sports car insurance sucks! But i do agree it's as much of a sports car as the s2k and 350z.
except both those rock 2 seats... not 4. /debate

accept it, the 240 was made for middle age secretaries.

so just because its rwd it should be a sports car?.... so that means the IS300 and bmw 3 series should be sports car by your simplistic logic?

ps, sports car insurance on the s2k is cheaper than sport compact insurance on the 240.... my insurance dropped by 600 a year (on full coverage) when i dropped the 240 and picked up the s2k.

·
Registered
7,382 Posts
I see more trailer trash and grandmas driving 240's around here than anything. I've only seen one clean 240 and it was a Kouki from Nashville... so not really from Chattanooga.

·
Registered
154 Posts
This makes me a little angry. I got into an argument with my friend over weather or not the 240sx is a sports car or a sport compact. turns out he was right, it was a sport compact. I was reading up on all the other cars that were consider sport compact and it was shit like the civic, integra, eclipse, subrau sti, etc.... Then I looked up sports cars and it included the s2000, corvette, audi tt, 350z, rx8, and even the damn miata. The 240sx is rear wheel drive therefore it shouldn't be considered a sport compact and should be considered a sports car.

Whats your vote???
you don't even know what a sports car is. sports cars have 2 seats along with rwd.

·
Registered
154 Posts
except both those rock 2 seats... not 4. /debate

accept it, the 240 was made for middle age secretaries.

so just because its rwd it should be a sports car?.... so that means the IS300 and bmw 3 series should be sports car by your simplistic logic?

ps, sports car insurance on the s2k is cheaper than sport compact insurance on the 240.... my insurance dropped by 600 a year (on full coverage) when i dropped the 240 and picked up the s2k.
lulz. until is starts raining and they accidentaly whip out the rear end and hit a curb.

·
Registered
96 Posts
If Jayjay is right, then the rx8 is a sports car with 4 seats, so the 2 seat logic doesn't really work. I would say sports car only because based on comparing them to cars of the same era, they would be, but at the low end, close to a compact. Using a mustang as an example, how much stock power did they have back then? About 200 BHP for a gt right. And they were probably a sports car.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Technically, it's a sports coupe.

It's a 2+2 only, so that kind of eliminates the "sports car" title.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If Jayjay is right, then the rx8 is a sports car with 4 seats, so the 2 seat logic doesn't really work. I would say sports car only because based on comparing them to cars of the same era, they would be, but at the low end, close to a compact. Using a mustang as an example, how much stock power did they have back then? About 200 BHP for a gt right. And they were probably a sports car.
A mustang is considered a Pony car

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
What about the new GTR? I saw one on the turnpike today for the first time in real life. I skeeted on myself as it drove past.

Poor GTR :(wonder if the wheels are for sale.

·
Registered
10,909 Posts
The rx8 has four seats and it's considered a sports car
Technically, it's a sports coupe.

It's a 2+2 only, so that kind of eliminates the "sports car" title.
yep

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
I'm not even answering this poll because it's stupid and so is everyone else!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm not even answering this poll because it's stupid and so is everyone else!
no, not everyone. just the people who think that a 240sx is a freakin sports car. next thing thats gonna happen is rsx owners are gonna start thinking they have a sports car too. oh wait, some of them already do. lol. stop the insanity.

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
What about the 300zx 2+2?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts