Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On ebay I see people selling the calipers but never with the brackets. I don't think the calipers will fit in the stock brackets, but can they? I'd liek to know this before i end up buying some

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
not a major difference...just cool points i guess. i bought R32 calipers from tomkaira93 beceasue he gave me a hell of a deal.

to the thread starter...don't forget you'll need the rotors to match your calipers.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Yeah top hat's kit is way to expensive. I got rebuilt Z calipers from autozone for less than $100.00 for the front. Brembo blanks cost $65 shipped, and I used my stock SS S13 lines. Z brakes are already over kill, but if you wanted the 12.5" just buy the rotor kit and brackets. SPL parts also has the big brake kit...

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
DLSracing said:
Yeah top hat's kit is way to expensive. I got rebuilt Z calipers from autozone for less than $100.00 for the front. Brembo blanks cost $65 shipped, and I used my stock SS S13 lines. Z brakes are already over kill, but if you wanted the 12.5" just buy the rotor kit and brackets. SPL parts also has the big brake kit...
Less then $100 for both or just one caliper? Did they come loaded?

·
Registered
5,783 Posts

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
My first set was a loaded set. The calipers are around $199 or right around there. Then with a core of your old 240 calipers they give you $100 back. On my second set I got unloaded calipers and they were red. I didn't want the red but that is what they gave me. They were $178, and then take 99.00 off for the core. The only problem I had was finding a 300Z year where they still carried the calipers. You will most likely have to try several years until you find one they have in stock...

Here is a pic of the second set I got...

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
damn, thanks for the link ladiesman.

i need rotors for my R32 calipers, but jeez, courtesyparts wants a gang for theirs.

i measured my calipers today and they're 32mm. i wonder if a z32 TT rotor would work. am i wrong? i mean, c'mon, what's 2mm?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts