Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a difference in quality/ performance b/w the 4 lug and 5 lug suspension setup? Does it really matter?

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
have you searched? at all?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, but I'm still pretty new to using this search engine to its fullest potential...it seems people are converting to 5 lug w/ 300ZX brakes?

·
Registered
19 Posts
There's no performance difference between 4-lug and 5-lug. Wheel availability increases greatly with 5x114.3 lug size, and if you're going to convert using 300ZX hubs, it makes adding the ZX brakes easy as well.

- Brad

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
BSWhelchel said:
There's no performance difference between 4-lug and 5-lug. Wheel availability increases greatly with 5x114.3 lug size, and if you're going to convert using 300ZX hubs, it makes adding the ZX brakes easy as well.

- Brad
the wheel selection does increase, but a lot of companies make 4 lug drilled Z32(300zx) rotors.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
jacob said:
But its hard to find cool 4 lug rims.
it's not hard... it's expensive. most companies will custom drill a wheel to 4 lug if you want - it will just cost more and take longer

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
or, you could go to a wheel shop/machine shop and they can fill the original holes and have them drilled in 4 lug for you.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
You could do that but i highly dont recomend that. If theres one lil mistake then you will have a huge problems.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my sister's honda is 4-lug, my car is 5-lug, and there did seem to be more variety of rim choices for the 5 lug.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Well there lots of 4 lug wheels out there. There just not the right offset of size that most of us are looking for. As in power wise i have never seen a 4 lug snap all the studs so there perrty strong.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
have you seen a 4 lug snap any studs?

I busted up a couple of my studs, but that was user error, not stud failure.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am switching to 5 lug/ 5 by 114.3 with the Peak Performance front hubs on my 1990 S13 hatch.. I will get the rear hubs off of someones parts car s14.., But I was wondering if anyone knew of a cheaper place to get front hubs from Peak wants 550.00$ for theres.

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
gtp420 said:
Well there lots of 4 lug wheels out there. There just not the right offset of size that most of us are looking for. As in power wise i have never seen a 4 lug snap all the studs so there perrty strong.
if u really look around you would be surprised. look through rbmotoring.com's used rims gallery. hell, u can get fn01r-c's in 17X9 +20 from splparts.com. also check ebay.

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
gtp420 said:
You could do that but i highly dont recomend that. If theres one lil mistake then you will have a huge problems.
ive heard of many people having the original holes filled and having new holes drilled with no problems at all.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
If done right I dont think it would be bad to just drive around on. I wouldnt trust it if you race or drift or anything that puts lots of stress on the wheel.

·
Registered
240 Posts
while you may never need the 5 lug...being able to select the proper rim for your application AND the availability for cheap brake upgrades is well worth it. End of discussion.

·
Registered
240 Posts
BlackZenkiS14 said:
I have a full rear 5-lug conversion for sale, off of an S14 SE.

S14 Hubs, Spindles, A-arms, calipers, rotors, pads etc. Anyone interested?
how much you looking for? PM sent.

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
napoleon said:
while you may never need the 5 lug...being able to select the proper rim for your application AND the availability for cheap brake upgrades is well worth it. End of discussion.
o boy he said 'end of discussion'. ur right about the rims, but not about the brakes. if by cheap brake upgrades you mean z32 brakes or just better 240sx rotors, its pretty easy to look around and find those rotors in 4 lug. and if u cant find them, buy 5 lug rotors, and find a brake shop and get them redrilled for 4 lug. if ur on a budget, dont feel like u MUST have 5 lug. just getting 5 lug to have 5 lug is a stupid waste of money.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts