Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my friend with a 91 coupe w/ auto lent me his ECU when his KA died, so I put it in my car. It's a PITA. It high idles everytime you touch the gas pedal. By that I mean, it idles fine, but then you tap the gas and it stays reved up to 2000rpm then sits there for a few seconds, then comes back down for idle. Anyone heard of anything like this?

G

·
if you mean it hangs on rpm's when in neutral, yeah, it can do that. but why does it matter? why are you revving in neutral so much?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Because I drive in stop-n-go traffic alot en route to school. It's fast enough I can't just ride the clutch to move up 2', I have to tap the gas and release the clutch, get going to 10mph, then slow down again. The rpms stay at 1,500-2,000 for a few seconds then fall. It also sucks because I'm used to only using the clutch to get started, I use rev-matching to slide it into the next gear (up or down), and it's impossible to do when you're driving normally, shift at 2,500 and the next gear wants to go in at 1,800 but the engine is doing 2,000rpm. Then I have to go use the clutch to get it into gear. Before some kid comes on here and tries to tell me the right way to drive my car, I had a 350whp evo and drove a freighliner fl-70 for a year. I know how to shift.

·
SLO-S13
4,454 Posts
Make sure the idle speed is set the same on the back of the ECU as it is on your manual ECU. Just curious as to whether or not you tried swapping ECU's to see if it got rid of the problem?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Dark-Hawk said:
Make sure the idle speed is set the same on the back of the ECU as it is on your manual ECU. Just curious as to whether or not you tried swapping ECU's to see if it got rid of the problem?
How do u set the idle speed on the back of the ECU? I thought the screw on the back of the ECU was only used to reset and find out any trouble codes.

·
SLO-S13
4,454 Posts
bentong2k2 said:
How do u set the idle speed on the back of the ECU? I thought the screw on the back of the ECU was only used to reset and find out any trouble codes.
Look closer, "Idle Speed Adjustment." Not only for looking at what codes are being thrown ;).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts