Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
u can and should only use premium gas in an sr to prevent knocking n pinging. i live in ga and all we have is 93 oct for premium. there are no harms whatsoever to your motor.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
93 is hard for me to find, my car is tuned on 92 and runs great

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
last time i tried to buy 100 the nozzle was too big to fit in my gas tank (that's what she said... oh!)

·
Registered
269 Posts
they put bigger nozzles on the higher octane/race gas so people dont put them in your car directly,...atleast around here thats what they do,...i always put it in a portable gas tank and then put it in my car

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
I figured they had a problem with people pumping $100 worth of gas by mistake thinking they had the 93 nozzle.

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
well see thats what my understanding was but then someone mentioned it being a risk to pump straight into the tank and i didnt know why. then i thot my understanding was backwards. but here where i live they have 93 right at the pump with 89 and 91. i pump it right into my tank, and so does everyone else. i had no idea it was illegal and the nozzles on our pumps arent oversized.

·
Registered
269 Posts
ladiesman8527 said:
well see thats what my understanding was but then someone mentioned it being a risk to pump straight into the tank and i didnt know why. then i thot my understanding was backwards. but here where i live they have 93 right at the pump with 89 and 91. i pump it right into my tank, and so does everyone else. i had no idea it was illegal and the nozzles on our pumps arent oversized.

93 is not considered "race gas",,...i pump 94 at sunoco in my 240,....the 100 octane and higher pumps are the ones with oversized nozzles

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
maybe where u live, but not here....every gas station ive gone too in TN, if u pull the 89 nozzle out, and the 93 nozzle out, there i dentical, and both nozzles fit. thats why i was confused. but i dont think ive ever seen 100+ at any gas station around here. maybe TN is just wierd.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts