Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to see if anyone had this problem or if anyone can check their car and tell me if I'm missing a piece? I noticed water puddle behind driver seat. Not coming from back windows. Those were resealed several months ago. Not coming from sunroof. It seems that the water is coming from one of the trim panels under the top portion of the driver's side window near the pillar. When I look at the top part of the body of the car right behind the door window but on the body of the car which would be the water canal they're seems to be a centimeter or more gap. I'm not sure if there is supposed to be a sealant or some other piece that should be there. The body itself does not show any rust and does not look like there was a hole due to body damage. So I'm a little baffled. The retainer for the weather strip on the door not rusted does not look broken. The weather strip on the door itself is in good shape no cracks. But I'm baffled by this gap that I'm seeing within the water canal on the body of the car above the window. I realize most of you are probably wondering what is this person even talking about so I'm adding images. In some photos I stuck a small driver through the hole so you can help better Identify the hole location. One photo you can see a small green patch.... Yeah that's grass. The interior photo shows the seam where it slowly drops from. So yeah... I assume the gap shouldn't be there since it's causing an issue but I don't know what's actually supposed to be there... Foam? Glue? Is there body damage? And no I can't compare to my other door window. When I had another leak years ago I threw in some sealant into the water channel only to find out it was the back window seal. So I had both windows replaced and resealed 2 years ago. When I noticed this new puddle I did sat in the car with the hose on and that's how I saw this new drip point.... This discovered this gap. Unfortunately, since I put way too much sealant on the other side, I can't see what was actually originally there. So I can't compare on my own car. I realize weather strip under can shrink over time , sun exposure , heat , etc, but the strip looks like it's exactly where it should be. Doesn't sag. No cracks or tears in it, so I'm hesitant to say it's a weather strip failure. I've also tried with two different weather strips ( yes I have a spare) and same issue. Much appreciated if anyone can help.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 92 coupe does that too. When i did an oil change on mine i checked under the car for any holes and i found 2, this could be happening to you too.
The first picture the hole is under the driver seat. The 2nd picture is on the passenger side. I haven’t fixed it yet so I don’t know if that’s the problem but it may help you.

your sunroof hoses could be clogged too

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts