Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking into buying this s13 but the problem with the car is the ac compressor is siezed up from what the guy told me when he went to the mechanics. Is this a simple fix or not worth the time and effort

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hmm

That will very likely depend on where you lived geographically. Here in california its damn hot during this time of the year so, can't live without AC! But AC problem is nothing compare to engine problem. For one your car can run without the AC compressor, all you need really is the Alternator, and the water pump belt running. You can think of AC as luxury stuff. It's weight deduction there my friend lol, engine will probably spin nicer without that extra load. However if you want the AC, just find another one at the junk or online.Maybe you can use that to your advantage and low ball the guy. lol The job itself is not hard. Just need to replace the unit which is very easy to take out, you can literally see it from the driver side front. Theres only 3 bolts holding the compressor into place: one long one on top going across and two short one going vertical in the bottom. Putting the belt back on is just a matter of messing with the idler (located below the AC with a 14mm bolt, actually they're all 14mm now that I think of it) along with mounting it back up with the same 3 bolts. Hope that help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts