Nissan 240SX Forums banner

adding RB =subtracting handling?

828 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Radianation 
#1 ·
yo wats happenin everyone
i was discussing engines with a friend, he's getting an SR for his 240 and i want to get an RB (at somepoint), he informed me though that because its a 6 cylinder going into a 4 cylinder car itll ruin the performance, now extra front end weight makes sense as too why but i would think that all that extra power would help make up for the fact, so to the RB owners out there i have a question, did your handling get worse after your swap?

too me i wouldnt think so just because the KA is a 2.4 liter and i want the RB25, its only a liter bigger, how much heavier could it be?

thanks for the help guys

#2 ·
Dude, just because you have 6 cylinders in a 4 cylinder bay doesn't mean you have less handling. Look at LS1's, those things handle pretty damn well from what I've seen. I have ridden with quite a few RB20's and RB25's drifting and they were AMAZING. Smooth as hell. haha. If it was like 400 pounds heavier I would buy it. Although this is not from any type of experience except my little bit of ridding experience, so I'm sure a guru will be along quickly to answer you and completely own me. :1bowdown :thumbsup

#4 ·
+1 I'm sure the rb doesn't weight considerably more than a ka-t and like those posts say, most of the weight is in the tranny. After you do a battery relocation and all that stuff I really think the weight distribution change would be negligible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.