Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for people with JDM bumpers with USDM license plate; just like me!
I was tired with my ghetto-fab pexil glass bracket and zip-ties. It was too flimzy and boring.

Here's something just like it on ebay for $24 + shipping:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...d=1,1&item=8025813557&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT

Here's the complete writeup and pictures: http://www.phihoang.com/adjlicense.htm

With the Aluminum bar/stick I picked up from home depot, I can make a relocating plate bracket with it too. Like the cusco crap or this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-...ryZ36475QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
But why?

Anyways, have fun!

·
Registered
374 Posts
its against the law here in CO, but most cops arent dicks about it

·
Registered
338 Posts
Its against the law in most states, mainly because your licenece plate is what reflects and allows cops to get you with radar.

·
Registered
86 Posts
S14_freak said:
Its against the law in most states, mainly because your licenece plate is what reflects and allows cops to get you with radar.
not true.The radar waves hit your car they don't need a tag. it there because it is easier to read your license plate since there are 2 of them, and most state now use the video protection at stop lights. Florida luckily doesn require this. but maybe i missed something...what is the point of this bracket ??

·
Registered
702 Posts
radar, the front plate doesnt matter much, would make it quicker, but will still pick you up either way. Laser on the other hand needs a flat surface to feflect off of. I have heard that our cars with no front licence and headlights down are really hard to tag.

·
Registered
277 Posts
in japan they have lots of cameras from high angles. over there they angle the plate so the cameras cant get a good look at the numbers. so it is a jdm thang. but that is the sole purpose of the angle.

·
Registered
318 Posts
evilbender said:
damn whats up with cali and all theese gay ass road rules

Ummmmm, you're in VA right? this state requires front tags as well, and I know cops who pull people over for no plates because it irritates them and they think by not having the plate you have something to hide.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
yea i got pulled over once when i had mmy plate in the window(got off wit a warning)... still have it on the window and havent gotten pulled over yet. but cali has rules other than that as well like how low you car can be, smog, etc etc

·
Registered
39 Posts
evilbender said:
yea i got pulled over once when i had mmy plate in the window(got off wit a warning)... still have it on the window and havent gotten pulled over yet. but cali has rules other than that as well like how low you car can be, smog, etc etc
i got pulled over for that once. i said i got in a minor collision in the front and the holes were stripped in my bumper and i had planned on fixing it soon.

he said that its fine whatever and let me go, but also said that he didnt pull me cause i didnt have it mounted, but because it was sitting in the windshield. he said apparently if you get in an accident it can fly around and chop your head off. i guess it makes sense if you get hit the right way.

then i just mounted it anyway. the end. boom.

·
Premium Member
5,166 Posts
i got pulled over for that in maryland, so i moved to WV and ditched the front plate and emmissions crap :thumbsup

·
Registered
12 Posts
yeah md is pretty bad about it. my buddy who owned a supra got pulled over numerous times, but some how managed to talk his way out it. my brother's friend who has a trans am actually took a power antenna and mounted it under he front bumper. attached it to the plate with a hinge. it's pretty neat i am thinking about doing something like that when i get all my body and paint work done. so that way i "have" a front plate lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts