Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello once again umm yet another question to ask...does any one currently have this intake on their 240? What kind of power should i be looking to see out of this i know not tons but is it better on top end? just bought one and wanted to know...

Thanks, Aaron

·
Registered
92 Posts
Go to www.aempower.com, they have the horsepower curves online in the products section. The peak horsepower gains were something like 14 hp and 11 hp for the S13 and S14 respectively, if my memory serves correctly. Pretty good upgrade if you ask me, especially considering its only like $200.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i went there it makes good power. yeah i got mine for $146 so i got a good deal. Will my 3inch cat back help make more power off the intake? b/c isnt it true that it just makes overall better flow?

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
240exploder said:
Go to www.aempower.com, they have the horsepower curves online in the products section. The peak horsepower gains were something like 14 hp and 11 hp for the S13 and S14 respectively, if my memory serves correctly. Pretty good upgrade if you ask me, especially considering its only like $200.
11-14rwhp...riiiiiight. last i checked, with dynos, the best is about 5rwhp. a 3" exhaust on a n/a will not help, should get a 2.5" instead. and the CAI is worthless, get the regular intake and save your money.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
BarrigaS14 said:
11-14rwhp...riiiiiight. last i checked, with dynos, the best is about 5rwhp. a 3" exhaust on a n/a will not help, should get a 2.5" instead. and the CAI is worthless, get the regular intake and save your money.

actuall you are WRONG.
dyno proven 3inch makes more power then ANYTHING smaller on ka24de.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is this the never ending battle about the 3 inch on the KA? soo many threads on here about it... makes more power doesnt matter how much it just does so..stop arguing about it. every one seems to veer away from the question at hand. Thats all i have to say. Im out

·
Premium Member
5,166 Posts
i'm making this my personal goal to wipe out the stupid theory that 3" is too big for a NA KA24. anyone who says that has never done any research, they've only seen someone else say it so monkey see monkey do. backpressure does not create torque! torque is directly related to leverage(stroke) and other engine properties, the only way larger piping could create a loss in power is if it's big enough to lose velocity, not back pressure. back pressure is NEVER good, and 3" piping has been dyno proven to make gains in both torque and horsepower. meh...thats the second time i've posted that i the last 5min. end of discussion... until someone else brings that up in another thread.

back to the intake, i'd put money on the fact that i could make an intake setup that makes that much power if not more for less than $50. you're paying for a stinking pipe and a name. all you'd have to do is relocate the battery, and make a pipe with a single bend that brings it over to where the battery used to be, then make a heat sheild around the filter to block engine heat, and if you want build ducts/scoops to bring in cool air.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for clearing that up and its every damn forum i read some one is saying that it doesnt make power. ok anywyas...yeah doing the custom intake sounds like a good idea but i have already ordered it and its on the way. i might however use this one for a little while and then switch over to what you have mentioned.

Thanks, Aaron

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
my injen short ram dynoed 7whp on my ka with just exhaust (stock exhaust mani) then i added the injen extension and gain 3whp. Cost effective? probably not. Can you tell a difference, yes.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
sdtouge said:
actuall you are WRONG.
dyno proven 3inch makes more power then ANYTHING smaller on ka24de.
re-read what i wrote. will not help. there is no reason to gain a little bit in power for something that does nothing.

btw...the correct spelling is actually.

and the dynos here in arizona have shown that 3" do little to nothing as compared with 2.5".

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you think AEM is selling pipes and stickers you need to do more research. Check out the dyno sheets of many respectful builders (SCC among others) proves that AEM does engineer their tubing to such an extent that it eliminates factory dips on power curves. 7wp can be expected with an exhaust. How big of an exhuast? Does it really matter? I think everybody knows ANYTHING is better than stock.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Grdevs24zero said:
If you think AEM is selling pipes and stickers you need to do more research. Check out the dyno sheets of many respectful builders (SCC among others) proves that AEM does engineer their tubing to such an extent that it eliminates factory dips on power curves.
tru dat. This is an especially good mod if you want to run autox in the STS class.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
something that i thought about with the 3" vs 2.5" debate..
the 3" may make slightly more peak hp, but its piping IS larger diameter, and, thus, it will weigh more. probably not much more, but, then again, the 3" piping doesnt make that much more hp. so its really up to the own and what they want.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just wanted to add to the exhaust issue... I have an 89 S13 and I slapped on a 3" catback from BRM and I noticed the power shifted towards mid/high. It made a noticable difference, which I enjoy becasue I use it for track.

On the intake issue, I belive the biggest gain would be to upgrade to a Z32 MAF sensor.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts