Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so got a bit of an issue here.. got a 91 240sx coupe with active speakers in it. prior to me the guy had some pos deck that i wanted to get rid of. so i went out and bought a alpine 9886 deck for about 350 bucks... so wire it all up.. correctly... only to discover it makes NO sound whatsoever! powers up just fine, gives signal out to the amp for the subs just fine, hell everything works except no power to the speakers. the deck puts out about 18 rms watts to each speaker. what im wondering is could the factory amps in my car be whats causing the issue. the deck was sent out and worked just fine at the shop. all the fuses in my car are intact and working, all the wires are correct. deck has everything wired up and gets power and everything... WTF!!! need some ideas here!

·
Registered
47 Posts
active speaker system, definately your factory amp fucking shit up i did mine myself i just eliminated it ran speaker wire from the back of the deck to my crossovers on my focal V1's. factory amps suck balls

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but dude i hooked up the stereo and there was NO SOUND! no humm, buzz, fuzz, or anything! even though the amps suck balls, shouldnt there be some kind of minimal sound?

·
Registered
241 Posts
It should nake noise. But if your factory amps are blown out totally this could cause your problem.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
old deck worked fine though.... hence my confusion!

·
Registered
47 Posts
take a test speaker and hook it up to one of the speaker leads on your new deck and see if it makes noise, if it does then your factory amp is fucked and if not then the decks outputs are crapped... everything electronic doesnt always work out of the box

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it was sent out and tested to have no fault, im just waiting for it to get back from toronto. once i get it here ill troubleshoot more, its just retarded how its fine yet my car is fucked?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok turns out it was all the factory amps screwing the car over. stereo works great

1 - 9 of 9 Posts