Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im smart, i locked my keys in. its a 93 coupe.

if i use a slimjim which areas should i use it in and how, please either IM me on AIM or private message me, we dont want the whole world knowing.....

AIM name: outluded

·
Registered
905 Posts
Good luck. Cars with the locks on the doorpanel by the armrest are a pain in thebutt.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I broke into my own car in the dark with a wire hanger. I simply made it straight with a hook at the end and grabbed the lock/unlock button.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Keep a spare key in your wallet....cause you aint gettin in. Other 240sx owners keys SOMETIMES work on other 240s

·
Registered
155 Posts
ive got into mine a couple times with a coat hanger with a little hook to grab the lock. you can squezze it through the back of the window, through the rubber molding just be careful not to rip it.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Through the window is what the locksmiths do. Only they have airbags to inflate and pull the window away from the door fram a little

·
Registered
377 Posts
man..i locked myself out one time at work. i was wear these slacks and the keys must have fell out when i was gettin out. anyways one of the lot attendence came by and helped me out. he used a big metal stick to push the window back to make room for the hanger. once he had the hanger in, he manuever to the door lock. then popped it open. it was pretty quick. lock attendence know wut they're doing.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Just pull the window back a little bit and knock it off track and you can fit your arm in, then to get it back when the door is open push it back, you may have to remove door panel to get it back in, but hey, it works and is a lot less frustrating than trying to get that f'n lock switch.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thx for the replies guys.... i called a lcoksmith amd he was having a hard time but he got it....45 bux lost though :(

·
Registered
377 Posts
outluded said:
thx for the replies guys.... i called a lcoksmith amd he was having a hard time but he got it....45 bux lost though :(
WOAH 45? damn you got ripped. i would have given him like $10.

·
Registered
387 Posts
haha all u need is a flat head screw driver and make sure no one is around u can literally jus peel up the coupe quarter panel window. start at the corner facing with the rear wheel well. should take bout say 10 min. but for further saftey get some duct tape and tape a key to your lower control arm. i did that with my old maxima.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Literally just finished dealing with this haha for future reference, take a flathead & a scrubber for a little leverage & to also not screw up your window & pull back the window a tad. Take a wire hanger & bend the hook part over twice so you get it more re-enforced, slide it down & pull that lock back. Voila poof! Save that locksmith money guys!

·
Registered
54 Posts
go to a junkyard and ninja as many 90's model nissan keys as you can get, then repent your junkyard sins to the 240 gods and start praying you got one thatll work

·
240-kid
47,146 Posts
Wow. you guys really don't know how to open a 240 without the key?
There's no window frame *hint hint*

1 - 17 of 17 Posts