Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does the car run with it removed? Idle? acceleration.. My egr transducer backpressure valve just broke, and i intend on removing my egr after i get my damn FMIC stuff.. just wondering what the thoughts are on it before i remove it (i hate the egr being stuck open ALL THE TIME.. sounds like i have a super high lift lopey cam).. grr

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I took off my EGR and PAIR valve, and the charcoal cannister. I just made a blockoff plate for the egr, plugged all the hoses up, and did the nickel trick for the exhaust manifold (cut the threaded part off the pipe and put a nickel in the hole. use the threaded end to screw it down tight).

It seems to run pretty well, although I wouldnt really know because there were massive vacuum leaks in all that stuff before I took it off. It pulls pretty smoothly and idles perfectly though.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Sexual Banana said:
I took off my EGR and PAIR valve, and the charcoal cannister. I just made a blockoff plate for the egr, plugged all the hoses up, and did the nickel trick for the exhaust manifold (cut the threaded part off the pipe and put a nickel in the hole. use the threaded end to screw it down tight).

It seems to run pretty well, although I wouldnt really know because there were massive vacuum leaks in all that stuff before I took it off. It pulls pretty smoothly and idles perfectly though.
how are the emissions???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.