Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone have any experiece with this product? It's supposed to be able to allow the user to control the Decibel output on an exhaust. I would like to know if this would affect the performance aspect of a car which I think would since you're restricting the flow right? :12dunno Anyways here is the info from Heavy Throttle.

The ECV was created as an alternative to the standard silencer typically fitted in the tip of performance exhaust systems to lower the sound output. The ECV (Exhaust Control Valve) is a spring loaded butterfly valve that can be installed to the main piping of an existing exhaust system. The angle of the valve can be modified on the fly from within the cockpit to provide complete control over exhaust decibel output.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
of course it would affect the performance if you were to restrict the airflow.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The most effective sound deadener on an exhaust I've seen has been a silincer thats had a flow diameter the same as the piping. Also the longer it is the more effective it will be. Be careful though because i've seen as much as 30 hp go as a result from a silencer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts