Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched this, but couldn't quite find an answer for my problem. Like the title says my brake light and battery light blink with each other like their playing pong, it sucks. The batter light is on all the time, and my brake light comes on when i brake hard, and soemtimes for no reason, but never stays on long. Ive heard that it could be a bad relay, ground, mc sensor plug, rubber stopper on brake pedal. But the only thing that makes sense to me is the bad relay. I also get a buzzing noise coming from around the brake booster when i let off the gas. I replaced the battery and that light still stays on. The ebrake doesn't light doesn't really bug me, but the batt. light does and i know the alternator is fine and the belt is tight(checked voltage). Any thoughts and comments are appreciated.

·
Registered
51 Posts
for the brake light, have you checked the fluid? aside from being on when the e-brake is engaged it also serves as an indicator for low fluid.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
maybeyou have a bad sensor? that sensor at the bottom that the pedal touches each time the brake goes down

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
The battery light is probley from your alternator. I had one that looked fine, but the bearing was semi-locked up and was causing the belt to slip. Try marking the belt and alternator and run the engine, then look at the marks, if there not lined up, you have an alternator problem.

·
Registered
89 Posts
check your brake pads? on some cars theres a sensor that grounds down against the rotor and makes the brake light come on when your down to either 1/32 or 2/32 left of pad material. i dont know if the 240 has this or not

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all the replies, the first thing i did beofre posting was check the fluid level in the mc. I also had quit a bit of grease in the sensor for the mc, cleaned it and still having the prob. I'll be checking everything else. And I replaced the rear pad and calipers and bled the system four months ago, so i know theirs no prob there

1 - 6 of 6 Posts